MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 226 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    This one has been puzzling me for a long time.
    Sorry I still do not have the Zawistowski Book – could you please help?

Looks like French Made?

A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Can you please post the close ups pictures of the France 1940 Eagle
    It's actually a British made one, identical to the one posted below. The French made "wz.39" is very close to this, although of brass construction with slight diferences in feathering, beak, talons, etc. I have a couple of these of these (brass, and silver plated) although they're mounted in frame at present. I'll make an effort to coax one or both out for a portrait.

How rare is the 39 pattern?
    If you're asking about the one I posted, then it's actually very scarce. None of the French made eagles of 1939/40 can be considered common.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    This one has been puzzling me for a long time.
    Sorry I still do not have the Zawistowski Book – could you please help?

Looks like French Made?

A
    According to Zawistowski it is Italian made (Bari) in 1946. Rare eagle!

Posted below are the two wz.39 French variants mentioned earlier. I am not 100% certain about the one on the left, although suspect it is a variant made by the firm Alavoine. The one on the right is definitely an Alavoine. Sorry for the weak pics, best I could do under artificial light this evening.

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony and Others
    The BARI Eagle
    How much could it be worth in open market?
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post

Posted below are the two wz.39 French variants mentioned earlier. I am not 100% certain about the one on the left, although suspect it is a variant made by the firm Alavoine. The one on the right is definitely an Alavoine. Sorry for the weak pics, best I could do under artificial light this evening.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello!

Few weeks ago eagle made in Bari was sold for over 2200zl.

Regards

Wow, quite a price. But I am getting more accustomed to some of these results. There is a steady growth in the interest of the Polish Armed Forces in the West -which of course is inversely proportional to the quantity of available product. And two predictable results – higher prices, and more fakes . . .

T.

Totally agree with the assessment - the “fashion” seems to be overwhelmingly strong and all even items previously considered relatively popular are being snapped up and priced up. I continue to believe that new-comers will face a huge disappointment as it is practically impossible to assemble a meaningful collections of Eagles or Badges in short period of time despite significant financial resources one may have – this is passion that requires managing expectations over years.

On the subject to Eagles – I would like to understand which Eagles had been made in Palestine especially in early years.
    I have a number of pictures of solders of SBSK and they seem to be wearing different types of eagles. Presumably some brought from Poland / presumably some made locally.

Any pictures available?
    A

Wow, quite a price. But I am getting more accustomed to some of these results. There is a steady growth in the interest of the Polish Armed Forces in the West -which of course is inversely proportional to the quantity of available product. And two predictable results – higher prices, and more fakes . . .

T.

Can You please post backs of the Eagles?
    A

Regards,
    Tony

Tony
    The one on the left – Alavoine (39 patters) is really nice with incredible attention to details.
    Are information available how many had been made?
    What would be an open market price?

Honestly speaking I am considering “going into eagles” but prices seem to be very high for eagles made in 1000s versus regemntal badges that had been made in relatively small numbers

Regards,
    Tony

What do You think this one is?
    It really is great design and seems to have slightly different features than French ones
    A

Page 17 of 226 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast