MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 110 of 226 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hello,

Thank you Kosa and Wadowicznic!! I am really impressed by such detailed knowledge you gave. Truly appreciate your help, Gentlemens. By the way this particular Eagle badge comes from Scotland.

Regards
    A.S.

?

Quote by AlexKG200 View Post
    Hello,

Thank you Kosa and Wadowicznic!! I am really impressed by such detailed knowledge you gave. Truly appreciate your help, Gentlemens. By the way this particular Eagle badge comes from Scotland.

Regards
    A.S.
    Alex, there was a camp for the Wermacht POW of Polish descent at Polkemmet near Whitburn, Scotland. They were short of many things and used to make cap badges of die-cast zinc or lead alloy. The quality varies from badge to badge. The cap badges are crude and some consider them fakes

Best,
    Kosa

Thanks Kosa, really interesting fact!
    Regards
    A.S.

Hello!

Recently I have bought very nice example of Alavoine full size eagle- that was what i though when I was buying it When I opened Zawistowski catalogue I saw that my eagle have some different details, with example show in the book - for example look at the beak. In my opinion my eagle looks to be genuine with no problem. The metal is silvered brass. What is yours opinions? Who can be producer?

Best Regards
    MichalPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

?

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    Hello!

(...)Who can be producer?
    Cześć Michał

Many believe it is a French bird. Perhaps from Alavoine and this makes sense when you compare it to the other well know Alavoine cap badge covered earlier. The other one was officialy accepted. Both of the badges have similar French fitting

Cheers,
    Kosa

Hello!All
    I couldn't find another Alavoine badge in this thread- it has so many pages! :O All of it- thanks for help

Best Regards
    Michal

?

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    I couldn't find another Alavoine badge in this thread- it has so many pages!
    Cześć Michał,

Here it is. You owe me that bullion 5.KDP flash

Cheers,
    Kosa

Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by kosa View Post
    Cześć Michał,

You owe me that bullion 5.KDP flash

Polish Hat Eagles
    Haha... Kosa maybe one day maaaybe, but not now hahahhaa

Best Regards
    Michal

Hello,

I can't idenify the Eagle badge. Can anyone enlighten me. White metal badge. Single screw post fastener has been replaced with two brass lugs. I have no idea why. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you

Regards
    A.S.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Quote by AlexKG200 View Post
    Hello,

I can't idenify the Eagle badge. Can anyone enlighten me. White metal badge. Single screw post fastener has been replaced with two brass lugs. I have no idea why. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you

Regards
    A.S.
    Alex
    The Eagle you have posted was manufactured and most likely designed on the French Alav... pattern by a very famous British maker J.R. Gaunt & Son. To my knowledge, Gaunt & Son started manufacturing various insignia for the Polish Free Forces - most likely by the end of 1940 and continued through the war. There are various precisely dated pictures - from 1941 featuring the Eagle.

To my knowledge, there had been 3 types (2 in terms of shape and design) + number of materials used and fastening solutions applied. In addition, I am aware of 3 types of signatures / marks J.R. Gaunt & Son used (in addition to unmarked version).

The company of J.R. Gaunt & Son was established in 1884 when john Richard Gaunt and his son, Charles Frederick, left their employment with the London military button-makers Firmin & Sons to set up their own business. The Co, initially based at the intersection of Clifford Street and Furnace Lane in the Birmingham district of Lozells, developed and began to provided badges and buttons to uniformed organisations all over the World. By 1895 the business had relocated to the city's Warstone Parade; four years later it was incorporated as a limited Co and by 1905 had established a London office in Conduit Street. After the First World War they purchased a number of other insignia producers, including in 1924 Jennens & Co Ltd, the well known family firm of royal button and military ornament makers founded in London in the early years of the 19th century and whose buttons were made at the Jennens-owned Deritend Button Works. With the acquisition of the Jennens business Gaunts moved their London base to Warwick Street. J R Gaunt & Sons was purchased by Firmin and Sons, Ltd.(1991). Montreal branch office was in business from 1908 to 1984