Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 111 of 226 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,

Next small step - to link circumstantial evidence that help to "ID/ Identify" unusual ww2 related Eagles.

Looks like there is connection between the "Plastic Eagle" presented before and the Polish Veterans Organisation(s) in the USA (Polish American Legion?).

I would say that the Plastic Eagle is quite rare (despite being made most likely after the war in 50-70ts?). However, looks like the design of it somehow stood the test of time and was applied on the small lapel pin that - itself looks to be quite modern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows

I am pleased to report another positive "Identification" (looks like both Eagles are very similar).

The Eagle on the black background - comes from the Sikorski's archives in London.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Wadowicznic,
    Thank you kindly for your response!!
    Regards
    A.S.

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows

I am pleased to report another positive "Identification" (looks like both Eagles are very similar).

The Eagle on the black background - comes from the Sikorski's archives in London.
    Both possibly cast in Egypt. The other badge has a Minassian like nut. Minassian was Cairo based maker.

Best,
    Kosa

Quote by kosa View Post
    Both possibly cast in Egypt. The other badge has a Minassian like nut. Minassian was Cairo based maker.

Best,
    Kosa
    Kosa
    You may be right re location and even the maker.
    Actually the “label” that is attached to the Eagle at the Sikorski’s catalogue - gives description “Egipt” – if I remember correctly.
    I have never seen the small Minassian nut so thanks for the hint.
    Neither, I know much about the Minassian except that he made “Legia Officerska” badge.

Perhaps one day – while in Cairo – will drop by local library / archives to see an old business phone – book. I have learned over years that it is a good way of tracking down locations of old businesses.

?

I have never seen the small Minassian nut so thanks for the hint.
    There should be a [P.M.] marking on the spinner.

Cheers,
    Kosa

dabbler here. 24 carat gold. deja vu.Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    One more needing "Identification".
    Very characteristic cast.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Fellows,
    One more needing "Identification".
    Very characteristic cast.
    An early one. Perhaps as early as SBSK. What's the fitting like?

Cheers,
    Kosa

?

Mine is 24 carat gold too, but in a better shape NOS with 70 year old patina.