Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 112 of 226 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

bugger !
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    bugger !
    Well now, perhaps 50 year old patina.

Leonard
    ?

Default Help / advice please

Hello all from newbie Leonard looking for some help / advice please.

I've been trying to do some research into this badge but am not making very much progress apart from some references made earlier in this thread.

Google searches don't seem to bring up very much at all apart from it being a Polish Free Eagle.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Many thanks in advance.

Leonard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi Leonard, and welcome to the forum. Your answer lies here - starting at post #439:

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,

I think – this Eagle is worth posting as the next research query.
    Although not 100% associated with the WW2, it provides helpful addition to the library of knowledge that we are collectively developing here!
    It seems to be a very interesting an unusual design that most likely originated in USA / Canada in 20s-30s.

Not sure if such relatively “crude” designe would appeal to people as an “attractive high quality patriotic jewel”. I would say most likely – used by an organisation less concerned by top-end fashion and design? But which one?

I do not have any pictorial records showing an application – this would be helpful.

What is interesting as well, is this particular specimen – has different signatures to “Blumenthal’s” one presented in T.Z Book.

We have a few US / Canada based distinguished contributors to the forum – so I would think – they may have come across this variant / design and perhaps more knowledge can be shared!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Leonard
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Leonard, and welcome to the forum. Your answer lies here - starting at post #439:

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thank you very much indeed for both your welcome and your information Tony, much appreciated.

This does actually confirm my suspicions:-

My Mother in Law passed away recently and the sweetheart pin was found in a box of assorted badges, brooches and pins etc. that she had kept. Mum was born in 1927 and from what we understand, she went out with a Polish pilot during, or just after the war.

Thanks again.

Leonard

Fellows,

Another positive identification – variant – as per post - 877 page 88.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

One of my early Krakow made Eagles. Attributed to Franciszek Zajac, Krakow's Jewelry maker, this is the first type, produced in 1914.
    Credit Mr Zawistowski's book.

Polish Hat Eagles
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]800160[/ATTACH
    Polish Hat Eagles

This is the third type by Franciszek Zajac, Krakow 1914.

Reference: Tomasz Zawistowski, "Polskie Orly do czapek w latach 1900-1917 "
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    Here is one made in Vienna, 1917 /1918.

Credit Zawistowski reference.