Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Hi all,
    I would like to submit some photos of my PAF eagle.
    Your opinions on this item willl be appreciated, with thanks.

Enzo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

French
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Yes thats looks like a "French" back, .. but the front looks like the British style .. (Front and rear are different badges .. )

Regards

Gary J.

?

yes correct catch..
    was out of order....
    the correct front.....is this one..
    purchased for $10
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

To those who always ask how many badges were made for specific unit. I just found this info and its rather interesting. Stanley and Sons made over 12 000 plastic eagles for the Polish Air Force. Not bad considering they were manufactured very late into the war, starting in 1944.

I don't think I am going to far by saying it must have been the single most frequent eagle made by a company in the West, next to those plastic eagles made for the army of course. Applying logic about how many were made, as a factor for somethings value, its current market value should be lower than a common 3 DSK badge made in metal. Right? I mean it cant be worth more the £50, can it? Or do "human factors" (i am not sure what is included in the definition) play a larger role after all?

Cheers,
    J

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Yes thats looks like a "French" back, .. but the front looks like the British style .. (Front and rear are different badges .. )
    The “British style” is actually a carry over of the design first officially accepted in France in 1939 for the exiled Polish forces, now dubbed the “wz.39”. Alavoine was a maker. Several independently designed patterns also made it into production in the months following the September 1939 campaign, one of which is the ‘Paris 1939’ variant that saw the $455 ebay result, and the bargain scooped by dorava.

After the fall of France the “wz.39” saw mass production by British and Middle Eastern makers along with ‘field’ craftsmen and Italian firm F.M. Lorioli.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by enca View Post
    Hi all,
    I would like to submit some photos of my PAF eagle.
    Your opinions on this item willl be appreciated, with thanks.

Enzo
    Hi Enzo,

My opinion . . . very nice and very rare! Congratulations on acquiring the very sought after Italian made version of this badge. Do you have the maker marked nut?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi 3DSK – thanks for posting this article. Very interesting to see these production statistics, including mention of the air force pattern usage by post war by the Polish WAAF.

Tony

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    To those who always ask how many badges were made for specific unit. I just found this info and its rather interesting. Stanley and Sons made over 12 000 plastic eagles for the Polish Air Force. Not bad considering they were manufactured very late into the war, starting in 1944.

I don't think I am going to far by saying it must have been the single most frequent eagle made by a company in the West, next to those plastic eagles made for the army of course. Applying logic about how many were made, as a factor for somethings value, its current market value should be lower than a common 3 DSK badge made in metal. Right? I mean it cant be worth more the £50, can it? Or do "human factors" (i am not sure what is included in the definition) play a larger role after all?

Cheers,
    J

?

Dorava,
    That's one nice catch

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by dorava View Post
    yes correct catch..
    was out of order....
    the correct front.....is this one..
    purchased for $10

Fellows
    One of my favourite Free Forces Picture
    Decoration of Members of Independent Commando Company with KW foe action – Garigliano – picture taken on 09/04/1944

Superb Eagles - interestingly looks like they wearing English Gaunt Eagles not the Italian ones – that makes sense as Lorioli relationship had most likely been established in 1945 / 46

Page 25 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast