Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 129 of 226 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

From the Friend's Collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Thank you Wadowicznic, Useful information indeed. My grandfather died in 1976 and is survived by one of his children, my uncle who is now 87 years old. I will refresh his father's story with him with the aim of sharing it on this forum. Thank you also to steering me towards "Stalin & the Poles". Both sides of my family are latterly from the Kresy and had first hand experience of Uncle Joe's methods of revenge. Best Regards, Ryszard.

Default Army Crucifix

Friends,
    My next question concerns this interesting crucifix. I believe it to be my Grandfather's from WWII. You will see that instead of the INRI plaque, this crucifix has a plaque with a helmet (?) on the RHS and something else with "II" marked on it on the LHS. Is the latter a reference to the Polish Army 2nd Corps? Hope you will be as intrigued as me? Regards, Ryszard.Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    (...)The biggest collection of those handmade in CCCP Eagles can be found in the archives of Sikorski’s Institute in London - select of pictures attached.
    Three more eagles for your viewing pleasure.

Best,
    Kosa

Polish Hat Eagles

?

Quote by RYSZARD View Post
    (...)Could it have been made in Russia or Central Asia at the time of the formation of Anders' Army? (...)[/ATTACH]
    Cześć Ryszard,

Yes, it looks like one of those early birds. I have just posted three other eagle cap bades made in the USSR.

Best,
    Kosa

Dziękuję Ci, Kosa. I feel very priveleged to own one from my Grandfather! Pozdrawiam, Ryszard.

Fellows
    Good pictures featuring another specimen of the rare variant that was discussed / IDed before.
    Mid-east made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I do not think, we have ever seen this variant on the forum?
    Perhaps we can find another specimen to add this variant to our library?

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Good day gentlemen

Would I be correct in identifying these two eagles as Gaunt made?

Would the one that has had the central post replaced by two blades be a Gaunt too?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day gentlemen

Would I be correct in identifying these two eagles as Gaunt made?

Would the one that has had the central post replaced by two blades be a Gaunt too?

Many thanks

James
    Hi James,

Yes, you are correct. These two eagles have been made with Gaunt dies. The eagle in the first picture looks to be Firmin made.

Cheers,
    Kosa