Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 130 of 226 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,

I recommend this link - as it provides definitive photographic documentation that features very rare variant of Polish Air Force Eagle that was "issued" to the Polish officers training in Canada. Please notice an unusual uniform and the hat as well.
    I have seen this mega rare variant on couple of pictures over years and did not know where it originated from - looks like we may know now!

I need to dig up the statistics to establish how many Poles trained in Canada for PAF - but I have to say - I have never seen this variant and / or hat in its actuality.

WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge

This Album is a true library of Air Force Eagles - but this Canadian is 1st class. I hope an actual specimen will be found!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I have just received those quality pictures.
    Nice patriotic pin - believed to be made in Vienna - pre 1918
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

From the friend's library.
    Very interesting pattern of Haller's Eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Very good quality picture of the "symmetric" Spink's Eagle - all details of design and time impact well visible.

?

Hello All,

Is that one a genuine Palestinian brass stamped type or a replica?

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

In my opinion - it is a genuine eagle and actually - rare one - not often seen. Nice to have this variant, in any collection.
    It is an example of s called "simplified" Eagles - where a design is a bit more abstract / not sharp - in contrast to well finished designs from established makers from UK, France or Canada (as seen on this forum)

Quote by Esco View Post
    Hello All,

Is that one a genuine Palestinian brass stamped type or a replica?

Fellows,

Let me please share with you a small research task - perhaps, one of you can illuminate the matter to the benefit of all of us.

Please notice the very interesting Eagle that is featured on the hat of Gen Haller.
    Any ideas?

It could be some sort of patriotic badge - from the time when Haller was a Brigadier.
    This Haller's Eagle - interestingly contrasts with, the JP Legion's one that is being featured on Szepetycki's hat

Fellows,
    I have finally managed to find a very good quality picture of the "Strzelec" Badge 1914-15+. It is Classis!
    Courtesy of a very good Friend who was kind enough to educate us.

True Classic and with style and impact of time visible!

Source - Desa of Poland
    Truly a good overview of various periods and designs.
    Unfortunately - pictures of not the best quality - but for educations purposes sufficient.

Hope You like it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles