Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 131 of 226 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hello

Is this hat eagle a service made version of some sort of copy/fake?

Many thanks for your comments

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Default Interesting!

Hello everyone,

This spring I've posted a few early photos taken in Jalal-Abad, Russia in 1942. I have resampled a few of them to see more detailes and...much to my surprise in one of the photos I can see JR Guant's eagles. I believe this is interesting to Wadowicznic

Best,
    Kosa

Polish Hat Eagles

?

Hi James,

It looks to be a field made one.

Best,
    Kosa

Many thanks Kosa!
    It is interesting - very much so - in fact for me, so far, this is the proof of the "earliest point in time" for the use of that Eagle when it comes to Polish Army in CCCP.

very relevant find!

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hello everyone,

This spring I've posted a few early photos taken in Jalal-Abad, Russia in 1942. I have resampled a few of them to see more detailes and...much to my surprise in one of the photos I can see JR Guant's eagles. I believe this is interesting to Wadowicznic

Best,
    Kosa

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows

Hope You like it!

Najwi

The following link leads to the very interesting article featuring the history of ORP Dragon that was lost by Polish Navy in Normandy and includes the personal story of Wacław Owczarczyk (KIA).
    Please notice the Eagle and dog-tag of Owczarczyk - it is the first time i see the general army Eagle used in the Navy "context".
    Secondly and most importantly - i think we can start hunting for this specific variant - it seems to me that Eagle is "field made casted" of aluminium etc - but has been covered with some sort of "black" coat / paint.
    I have seen a few Eagles with that "black" paint feature - but have not come across good pictures.

Any of You?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Arrow

Good day gentlemen

I'd welcome your comments on this eagle with a Lorioli spinner. Is it the correct spinner? If not any ideas on the manufacturer.

Many thanks for your comments

Happy Christmas and a successful collecting 2016

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi James, it's a common copy. Often listed as a genuine eagle, but dates from circa 1970-80's.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony
    And that would explain why I couldn't find an example on the thread.

Thanks
    James

Hi James,

I know it's been covered at least once or twice, but maybe on other threads. This one tends to fool a lot of collectors as being a pre-WW2 piece, likely due to the detailing.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default polish eagle

Hello , I'm new on this forum. I'm wondering if someone will be able to assist and confirm this orzelek is a genuine .