Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 132 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hello Christopher and welcome to the forum. There has been talk about these (and other Lorioli badges made for the Polish 2nd Corps stationed there) being re-strikes from original dies, but thus far it's rumour only. They are more commonly considered as being genuine surplus unissued stock.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default handwringing time again !

acquired a couple of cap eagles today. one of them I am confident with as it a Palestine example of which I am au fait , the other not so. initial thoughts, pre-war, albeit iffy striking. my knowledge of this variety is pretty limited so I seek guidance on its pedigree. board or bin !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Thank you Tony for the info
    Regards Chris

CQE
    ?

Gentlemen, could you be so kind to provide some info about this eagle, please.
    Best regards,
    Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

my understanding is that this is the stamped, brass sheet Middle East type, ergo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

CQE
    ?

Thank you prosty zolnierzu.
    How about this DSP eagle?

this pattern was produced in Switzerland for the Second Rifle Division.

Thank You All for contribution during 2015.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

CQE
    ?

Prosty Zolnierz, thank you again!
    Happy New Year,
    Jurek

Quote by CQE View Post
    Thank you prosty zolnierzu.
    How about this DSP eagle?
    Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    this pattern was produced in Switzerland for the Second Rifle Division.
    Hi Jurek, Unfortunately a copy though. Genuine Huguenin made eagles are die stamped from thin sheet metal and the reverse side details are sharp.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne