Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 226 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Though I usually acknowledge the knowledge of our most esteemed moderator...I am not quite sure he is right in this case ..as this eagle was seen by two other "experts"..and neither one saw any problem with the eagle...
    I will show it to them again...along with the moderators comments so that they take a harder look and lets see what happens..
    very thrilling moments....of doubt and debate.....

Tony
    Thank You for the advice.

What totally confuses me is area around legs on My Eagle (selected below) that is different than French Variant - You posted under nr 8 and Dorava above

Also my Eagle is very hard to bend and appears to be made from some sort of Copper like metal

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi wadowicznic and dorava,

Gary has zeroed in on the crucial element: the fastening. On first glance I could see the very familiar and distinctive post and nut. Early in this thread (post #8) I posted an eagle sold to me as genuine in years past. It appears to be the same as yours. Unfortunately, I now know this is a post war Bialkiewicz made “fake”.

Since the time of that post about two years ago I may need to revisit my initial hunch that these are re-strikes from surviving British dies. This Bialkiewicz eagle does indeed appear to bear the unique French characteristics, especially in the talon area.

My apologies for the bad news guys.

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

?

Check the Stud thread first !

If the stud thread is not imperial, then it's not of British manufacture pretty straight forward on that point. (Therefore not Gaunt).

Metric threads were NOT used by British manufacturers in WW2.

Gary J.

Hello!

The spinner looks very similar to spinner from 10th Pulk Huzarow, also made by Bialkiewicz. I think i can agree with Tony, but without holding this eagle in hands i can't say anything for 100%.

Best Regards
    Michal

Gary
    My Eagle seems to have the Imperial thread
    7/32" 0.1654 in 24 0.0417 in Number Drill 16 (4.5 mm)

Does that suggest the WW2 British Manufacturer?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Check the Stud thread first !

If the stud thread is not imperial, then it's not of British manufacture pretty straight forward on that point. (Therefore not Gaunt).

Metric threads were NOT used by British manufacturers in WW2.

Gary J.

Hello!

I think yes, Bialkiewicz made badges/eagles etc in Great Britain, so maybe he is the manufacturer of this eagle? From photos i give 90% for him

Best Regards
    Michal

Hi wadowicznic,

I misunderstood which of the eagles you owned in the pictures you posted. The one with the brass post and spinner is a known British made WW2 era variant. So it is genuine. And going from memory, the identity of the maker of this variant is unconfirmed.

The other eagle, with the white metal post with the machine turned post that ends in a point (dorava’s, and mine in post #8) is a fake, supposedly made in the early 1980’s. These ones are stamped in a soft alloy that bends easily with minimal finger pressure.

So in the end it appears that the news is good for you!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank You Tony and the Others - Appreciated
    Making collectively all these discoveries is really fascinating.

I guess there are some other British made Patterns of Polish Free Eagles still waiting to be discovered.
    I really enjoyed our discussions of Air Force Eagles – many Patterns too

Perhaps we should also explore the Bajorek Ones.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi wadowicznic,

I misunderstood which of the eagles you owned in the pictures you posted. The one with the brass post and spinner is a known British made WW2 era variant. So it is genuine. And going from memory, the identity of the maker of this variant is unconfirmed.

The other eagle, with the white metal post with the machine turned post that ends in a point (dorava’s, and mine in post #8) is a fake, supposedly made in the early 1980’s. These ones are stamped in a soft alloy that bends easily with minimal finger pressure.

So in the end it appears that the news is good for you!

Regards,
    Tony

Hello!

Tony, I missunderstood yours post I mean that dorava's eagle and eagle which post wadowicznic (this one with red circles) for me is Bialkiewicz made

Best Regards
    Michal

Page 28 of 226 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast