Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    There is the next one that gives me the “hart burns” too
    Unfortunately I do not own it
    Current owner allegedly bought it with artefacts associated with Polish Commando. Therefore, he believes it is a Commando pattern.

Any thoughts on this one?

A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi wadowicznic,

The other eagle, with the white metal post with the machine turned post that ends in a point (dorava’s, and mine in post #8) is a fake, supposedly made in the early 1980’s. These ones are stamped in a soft alloy that bends easily with minimal finger pressure.

Tony
    I do not discard the possibliity of this eagle being a fake..but this one I have does not bend with minimal pressure...it bends as easily as any Lorioli or Gaunt eagle....and actually I have a British one...I suppose a Gaunt one..that bends like butter...maybe that one is a fake as well..? In any case havent heard back from others re the eagle in discussion...what I can say..which I suppose is a point against it..is that it is a bit rough on the edges on the back

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Current owner allegedly bought it with artefacts associated with Polish Commando. Therefore, he believes it is a Commando pattern.

A
    Hi
    there is no such thing..that I know of..of a commando patern..they used what was available...Lorioli..Middle East Gaunt or Candian Scully type ones..which I understand was a favorite..I have one from a para which is Lorioli....this one is defintely not Lorioli or Scully...maybe Middle East pattern?
    best

?

The other thing ..besides the rough edges
    that I dont like is the pointed end of the thread..
    that is probably the most doubtful part of it for me
    As I said before the metal itself is not so unusually soft..
    but that pointed thread....mmmm..

Quote by dorava View Post
    The other thing ..besides the rough edges
    that I dont like is the pointed end of the thread..
    that is probably the most doubtful part of it for me
    As I said before the metal itself is not so unusually soft..
    but that pointed thread....mmmm..
    The softness of the metal is a rather subjective matter. It not ‘unusually soft’, but definitely much softer than the Gaunt or Spink made eagles. No question about it.

But over to a more objective assessment, mine on the left …

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

what glaring differences...!!

I wonder where mine came from....wish I could remember!!.

Question re: Polish Hat Eagles

It has been suggested that this is an exile Polish Eagle, possible French. I'm wonder first if it is a fake or could it be authentic? Its seems to have been sprayed with lacquer - I don't know if this was an attempt to preserve it or what? It was bought on auction so I did not have the opportunity to speak with the original collector. Thoughts anyone? Thanks, dastier

Fellows
    Any thoughts?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows

A

Just come across the picture – posting for the records on our Forum.
    Great stuff – unfortunately, i never happen to find one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

For the records on the forum
    Listed on the ebay at the movement - Interesting "silver" lorioli Eagle
    I am not sure however if it is OK?
    any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Page 29 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast