Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 141 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

stefanr: ugly copy

Thought it might be, thankfully it wasn't expensive.

Quote by szaniec View Post
    stefanr: ugly copy

One of a recent crop of die stamped copies. Most wz.19's have pronounced feather details. No match for the copy.

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    Some most important highlights (in my opinion) from the recent desa auction in Krakow.
    - Early Polish Navy Eagle
    - Association of Ex-soldiers of Blue Army of America
    - "Bartszowe" Battalions - pre 1918
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    Hope You all doing well?
    Sorry for the lack of contribution - but, I have been very busy lately with work.

Having said that - i would like to share with you - a very relevant find, I have been lucky to locate incredible pictures that allow to ID an unknown in literature Polish Army Eagle.

Pictures feature - Officer Cadets of the Polish Army Infantry Officers School checking their graduation diplomas, 13 April 1940. Photograph taken in Coetquidan, France where the main camp of Polish Army was located.
    To my knowledge - there is no actual specimen (with provenience) of this Eagle and / or hat in any collections and museums, neither.

Eagle actually follows the design of the - Polish pre-war national symbol.
    I will make an effort to research archives at Sikorski to see if there are any further details re this particular graduation (numbers etc).

However, it is far to say that - this Eagle is one of the rarest in history of Polish Free Forces.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    From the same series - the picture take during the evacuation to England. Super selection of Eagles featured!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

I have recently been asked to provide an opinion re authenticity of this Eagle dating back to post war era - Polish Guards Units in Germany 1945+.

This particular pattern is understood to be rare and has been featured in the literature / pictures.
    Personally, simply, i cannot judge - as i do not own - neither have seen an actual specimen.

There are however pictures of this variant posted by Tony at the beginning of the forum Page 3 - as attached - (green background).

Perhaps any of You can help?

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    This is one of the best pictures i have managed to track down.

It clearly advances the understanding of the history of Polish ww2 Eagles made during the French Period.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    This Eagle is a puzzle for me - and it would be good to finally settle the research on it!

I have come across 2 pictures that feature - what is understood to be the SBS - beret Eagle.

As You can see the designs of both specimens - are materially different!

One f the specimens is an identical as seen on number of berets use by members of 1st Polish Armoured Division (dark blue background, however). Second is one - i do not know.

Perhaps - one of You can help to deliver the final ID - as we have a few colleagues - proficient in history of SBS / Polish Para Units.

Wadowicznic,
    This pattern of cloth eagle (first photo) was available from USA on internet auction a few years ago.

I do not believe it's genuin WW2 eagle. Different pattern, construction, material, etc.
    Also eagle used in Independent Grenadier Company was different.
    Rafal