Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 142 of 226 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    Newly established display at the Sikorski in London - excellent!
    Tells the volume about the Polish patriotism and the motive of an Eagle.
    I will post close ups as well!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Artur, I see that each item is numbered so no doubt there’s a corresponding list of descriptions. Please also try to post this also.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    Hope You like it!

Fellows
    Please share some interesting research subjects / leads / facts etc - re Eagles
    Slowly – my creativity and curiosity are depleting (and i turn to drawing!!) – your help is needed to take this subject work further!

unfortunately only so much ground can be covered
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    unfortunately only so much ground can be covered
    ?....

CQE
    ?

Artur,

this orzelek/eagle taken on and from a different background, angle, perspective, sharpness and mood. Tell me what it is.
    Work on it without drawing

Best regards,
    Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Jurek
    Thank You for the past. I have to say – an interesting Eagle.

I do not recall this variant as being directly associated with Polish military formations – 1914 – 1918/19.
    Do you have pictures of the reverse? – it may have hallmarks - this would produce good set of clues.

It looks to me more like – an example of “patriotic jewellery”. However, this does not excluded that such variant was used – in military context. Again this subject - patriotic jewellery - is only partially researched – and i am sure offers a great field both for sensible acquisitions and research.

To my mind – 3 good attempts to categorise “patriotic jewellery” have been undertaken by Mr Zawistowski in his book Eagles 14-17 , Mr Sosenko (well known collector based in Krakow) and National Independence Museum in Warsaw (exhibition in 2011).

Mr Sosenko – actually presented the collection of patriotic artefacts (eagles, rings etc) at the Polish Parliament (if i remember 2 years ago). As far as i know there was no catalogue from this exhibition – only leaflet (that i have somewhere)

Perhaps this fellow will know?
    Guess who he is?

Quote by CQE View Post
    Artur,

this orzelek/eagle taken on and from a different background, angle, perspective, sharpness and mood. Tell me what it is.
    Work on it without drawing

Best regards,
    Jurek

CQE
    ?

Artur,

please enjoy yourself...it is marked MK on R.

Jurek

Hello

I would like to share with You my new Gaunt's eagle. I hope you will enjoy it

Best Regards
    MichałPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles