Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 144 of 226 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    Finally - I have apprehended relatively good quality pictures of this rare Eagle.

This rare Eagle has been still un-researched.

It is understood to be made in the USA for one of a few Polish Patriotic / Paramilitary organisations - very active at the beginning of XXc.

Has anybody got an actual specimen?
    Please post good quality pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

CQE
    ?

Artur,

yes, here is the one, in metric and English measurements. If you need better pictures I can try tomorrow.

Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Thank You
    Very helpful – same-design!
    It would be good to track down – pictures showing usage / application (like for previous example of USA Eagle, featured earlier)!
    Perhaps one day!

Quote by CQE View Post
    Artur,

yes, here is the one, in metric and English measurements. If you need better pictures I can try tomorrow.

Jurek

?

Hello,

I would like to share with you my first PSZ eagle made by Spink&Son. I know it is not rare, but please let me know about the crown damage on the right side. I have seen some eagles with it, I guess that the stamp had worn out. Does anyone know which part of eagles got this damage?

Regards

Filip

Filip
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Congratulations on this acquisition – it is so called “asymmetric spink” – version that has slight asymmetry that manifests itself in one of the wings being visibly “shifted” (description on previous posts).
    Crown is OK – this “cut” is seen in many of this Eagles.

Quote by becksi View Post
    Hello,

I would like to share with you my first PSZ eagle made by Spink&Son. I know it is not rare, but please let me know about the crown damage on the right side. I have seen some eagles with it, I guess that the stamp had worn out. Does anyone know which part of eagles got this damage?

Regards

Filip

Default J.R.Gaunt Musings and Ramblings

something that has always caused me thought. British Amed Forces Gaunt cap badges had either lug or slider fastening, save for officers bronze, ( open for enlightenment ) , yet their large Polish cap badge is found with a screw post , a variation of blade fastening or pin, hinge and hook. All the Lock & Co. rogatywka I have come across have been fitted with the wide blade badge. it begs the question who deemed the variations and reasons.

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    I am always very intrigued by unusual and not-main stream Eagles.
    This is definitely one of them – the Navy – but without the dark blue paining of the shield.
    I have seen this rare variant (without blue paint) - only couple of times.

I wonder – how it could have emerged?. Prediction - mistake?
    Any thought?

Polish Hat Eagles  

Another Example – again very intriguing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I think – it is a very relevant find – expanding our knowledge.
    The PAVA AUX patch – and the Eagle specifically – are very interesting.
    I am not sure why the Eagle has no crown – as I would have expected that – assuming that the set is post-war, the patriotic feelings would have prevailed and the Eagle would have the crown.
    I need to do more investigation on PAVA AUX symbols.

Perhaps some of You have some additional materials – suggestions / additions always appreciated.

Fellows
    I do not think this one was OK!