Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 145 of 226 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    Excellent picture and dated!
    Looks like Casted Eagles – based on French Aluv..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Perhaps any of You has some more information on this pattern?
    Is it Pre-39 or ww2 – period?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Where are the Eagles?
    Any interesting finds?
    Share your knowledge – please!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Nice piece of art Wadowicznic

Here is something I got today. Polish sandcast brass eagle, probably some early example made for Carpathian Rilfe Brigade in Syria in 1940. Accompanied with a French Levant Army forage cap.

Polish Hat Eagles

What a wonderful piece of history

Hi!
    Truly the great find!
    I do not remember seeing a French Levant Army Cap with a Polish Eagle - very rare!
    Can you please post the detailed and sharp / digital macro - pictures of the eagle - front and back and the fastening.
    I would like to compare it with the SBSK Eagles - I know to complete the identification.

Quote by Esco View Post
    Nice piece of art Wadowicznic

Here is something I got today. Polish sandcast brass eagle, probably some early example made for Carpathian Rilfe Brigade in Syria in 1940. Accompanied with a French Levant Army forage cap.

Polish Hat Eagles

?

I don't have a professional camera. Pictures taken with toaster.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Esco
    Thank You for the further pictures.
    I would say that it is SBSK Eagle. FYI - in fact, most likely it is not made in Syria.
    According to my research, this pattern was made and sold at Camp Latrum in Palestine / Israel - under British command.
    This particular pattern has a few small features that make it distinguishable.

What is very interesting with your find - is that the Eagle comes with the hat. As far as i understand - the French stuff was replaced with British uniforms very shortly after arriving at Latrum (from Homs in Syria). It is puzzling why the owner did not exchange the hat.

Congratulation on this acquisition!

?

Thanks! Probably someone put it together for display I guess.

I have a question regarding another one. Eagle looks like Spink & Son to me, but I do not know if it's real thing or copy. It came to me with rogatywka cap which is also a mistery to me. Some say it's British made and some say it's late 1947 Polish. Are you able to identify the eagle and the cap from the picture?

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Esco
    Thank You for the post!
    I am not an expert on Polish Military ww2 hats, but i am sure you will receive appropriate, clear and knowledgeable advice from colleges on this forum, who are much more proficient in the subject.

Regarding the Eagle - it is definitively Spin & Son made Eagle - so called "asymmetric version" (see earlier posts).
    What may be helpful is - see a type of fastening used. FYI - could be blades, omegas or tread.

From my experience - it is generally relatively straightforward to establish if an eagle and / or a regimental badge was fixed recently or "in the period" - but, i would spare an advice here - as the risk is that it will be used by counterfeiters. I have seen over years counterfeiters - making the same mistake when it come to "assembling" an eagle with a hat and / or uniforms with badges.
    The longer it stays like that - the better for collectors.