Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 146 of 226 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Rogatywka is postwar lWP production.

?

What type of uniform have this woman?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    Excellent picture and dated!
    Looks like Casted Eagles – based on French Aluv..
    Polish Hat Eagles

Impossible to say 100% - goes without saying.
    But – I would say – given the timing and place of the picture – I would think – this is some sort of British “design” that was issues to personnel evacuated from CCCP.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

In my opinion it is an American War Aid Service Dress with US gabardine shirt underneath. If so, it would be from the first protocol period from 1 October 1941 to 30 June 1942. Possibly delivered directly by British, via Persian Corridor (I am sure Soviets would not equip Polish soldiers departed from USSR with anything useful).

Very impressive knowledge – many thanks for that – I had no idea that USA had supplied uniform to allies from Q3-41
    A

Quote by Esco View Post
    In my opinion it is an American War Aid Service Dress with US gabardine shirt underneath. If so, it would be from the first protocol period from 1 October 1941 to 30 June 1942. Possibly delivered directly by British, via Persian Corridor (I am sure Soviets would not equip Polish soldiers departed from USSR with anything useful).

Fellows,
    I have just come across the very interesting Eagle.
    Perhaps simillar specimen - can be found?
    One of the casted variants - but unusual - very havy and with characteristic marks on revers side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Recently takn picture(s) - Eagle on the Collar from te BD of the father Studzinski the former chaplan of 4th Skorpion Tank Regiment.
    All this can be seen in the AK Museum in Cracow - fantastic place!

Further - great pictures!
    I will write more on tchem shortly.

Interestingly the metal - Air Force Eagle is described as "made in england" - but i am not sure if pre war - model of 37/38 eagles had been made in England during the war. To be researched further!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Finally,
    A few "iconic" - summer pictures - from Cracow!

Polish Hat Eagles  

Two recently acquired eagles. Firstly are they genuine? If they are can we establish the manufacturers?

Sadly the naval eagle has lost it's fixings. What sort of fixings should it have? Brooch or lugs? The remnants of the fixings can be seen north and south.

Many thanks

James