Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 148 of 226 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 158 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    Who can find the similar one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    And this one!
    Who can find the similar one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Slightly off topic re Military Eagles – but I think it is worth it!
    This – I think – is an incredible item and Eagle itself!
    How “just in time” it is.
    Hope You like it!

I would love to find out more about this Event!
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

small Gaunt with screw post and perspex backing piece. the cap still retains its OEM RAF brass cap buttons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Uncommon usage of the small 40mm pattern hat eagle. Typically it’s the full size land forces eagle on these, which in and of itself has also been considered somewhat of an anomaly for an airman’s FS.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

an anomaly indeed, but unfortunately the owner once a Flying Officer is no longer around to offer his stance on the subject. could be a case of a more laissez-faire attitude in the PAF. we will never know.

Fellows
    Great Link!
    Also – if one follows the dates / service records – this is SBSK used eagle – I think!

Associated with the service of Second Lieutenant Zenon Sobczak of Warsaw, Poland. He was called up from the Reserves to join the Polish Army on 1 September 1939. He took part in the defence of Warsaw during that month and was wounded in action on 25 September. From December 1939 until May 1940 he served with a Polish underground organisation until ordered to flee the country. Sobczak made his way to Beirut, Syria and reported to the Polish authorities there. He was placed under French Command from 10 June 1940. He served with 2 Machine Gun Company, 2 Rifle Regiment, Polish Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade until the capitulation of the French. His unit was then transferred to British command. He took part in the fighting in North Africa, including the battles at Tobruk and was wounded in action for the second time on 25 February 1942. In August 1942 he was posted to Luba Reconnaissance Squadron and sent to the United Kingdom. Later that year he was transferred to 10 Light Field Ambulance, 1 Armoured Division, 1 Polish Corps. In February 1943 Sobczak joined the Field Dressing Station of 1 Armoured Division. From November 1943 until July 1946 Sobczak studied pharmacy in Edinburgh, Scotland. During his study he met a Scottish woman, Janet Mitchell Beatson, whom he married on 25 March 1944. On 19 September 1946 he joined the Polish Resettlement Corps and was discharged on 10 June 1947. On 13 December 1949, Zenon and Janet immigrated to Australia arriving in Melbourne aboard the Toscana on 27 January 1950. Sobczak applied for Australian citizenship later that month, which was granted on 14 July 1952. On 3 July 1956 he changed his name by deed poll to Michael Mackay. The Mackays settled in Adelaide and had three children.

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/REL39704/

Fellows,
    My very good friend - has been kind enough to share pictures of this rare Eagle.
    I have taken a liberty to cover some details to educate counterfeiters

Fellows,
    I think this post may be interesting - as it helps to investigate further the variants used in the context of recruitment in the USA for the blue Army.
    Looks like this design / variant has survived the test of time.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Very good friend - has shared with me his acquisition - to expand understanding of this particular "long -bik" variant. This is super interesting and mega rare example with very unusual fastening being a blade(s).

This is in my view a very relevant find!
    Polish Hat Eagles