Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 150 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 160 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

CQE
    ?

Default FP

Yes, I found one in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Thank You! Super
    Congratulations!
    Any context known to you on the basis of how it was found etc?

Quote by CQE View Post
    Yes, I found one in my collection.

?

I have this one in mine. It came with a lot of Polish items made in France. If you compare it with known WW2 French badges you will notice similarities (material used, clasp, etc). So I assume it is French made. The eagle has crown, therefore it is not connected 19/29 Polish Infantry Group which took communist insignia without crown. Therefore it could be some Polish resistance organization in France (different than POWN), maybe some guard company, but most likely non-military badge for Polish nationals in France.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Thanks Esco. I also have one of these also and suspect these to date back as far as WW2 period, based on seeing them included in more than a few period groupings. I assumed these to possibly be a patriotic piece, one of many such items made during WW2 for expatriate Polonia. If of French origin then of course quite likely early post war.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    Sharing with you – what I think is a super interesting find!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Perhaps we are lucky to IT /”contextualise” this one!
    I am not sure as to period – could be made in Germany? Purpose – patriotic pin / military badge?
    I do not think it is included in the Bzezicki book.
    However, I fogy remember seeing similar / same made by Lauer – but with the nut. This looks like pin like fastening.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

And this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    Can the 2nd similar specimen be found?

Nicely rendered bullion eagle from a private purchase officer beret.

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Further to post #1493 and #1494:

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles