Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 151 of 226 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    This could be a very relevant find - but as often - not 100% sure!

Very rare - early, French made Eagle! Perhaps directly related to events presented in post 1405 page 141

Hard to distinguish form the picture if stamped and silversided or casted - colour would be the same / similar.

Officer Cadets of the Polish Army Infantry Officers School checking their graduation diplomas, 13 April 1940. Photograph taken in Coetquidan, France where the main camp of Polish Army was located.

Perhaps any of You can provide further details / specimen etc

Polish Hat Eagles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Last edited by wadowicznic; 09-10-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Fellows,
    I think this is a very interesting picture and a great puzzle to solve!

There is a wealth of details (various uniforms etc) - and perhaps we can collectively do some research / info gathering – to flash some more lights as to the period / regiment / type of Uniforms and Eagles etc. ????

Looks like a picture was taken at the “beginning” of formation of various Polish units associated with Allied and German – Austro Hungarians powers at the early days of WWI

Come on – anybody to impress us All!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

I would have said post WW1 the officer on the right of the photograph his tunic has the zigzag ornament embroidered on the collar patch and signs of a Cavalry Pennon, therefore I would plump for either 1919 or early 1920.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej Thank You
    I have expected that the “puzzle” will attract the interest from colleagues who know a lot about the subject matter – uniforms / history of lancers etc (and definitely more than I do).
    I would hope we will get a lot of clues form others!
    What is very surprising to me on this picture is the variety of uniforms. The only unifying element seems to be a hat and “ribbon” around it.

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Wadowicznic,

I would have said post WW1 the officer on the right of the photograph his tunic has the zigzag ornament embroidered on the collar patch and signs of a Cavalry Pennon, therefore I would plump for either 1919 or early 1920.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Dear fellows,
    I recently open a new thread about this PAF badge, I share my find also here. Making some research I found only few informations (also in this thread)

My eagle look like the 1939/40' french model, but obviously I'm not sure about it.
    Could I ask you if it's original and some other information about the history of this particoular badge?

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Alagi

Hi,
    Firstly, welcome on the forum and thank you for the post.

The Eagle You have a true luck to own, is French made 1939/40 pattern designed for the Polish Air Force in France. As far as the research completed so far, Eagles of 2 sizes had been made; 61x50 mm and 41x33. Both made of brass and silverised / oxidised. Both are considered very hard to find. I would risk a statement that only handful of specimens in "cupboard / drawer" condition are known to collectors, rest usually have damaged fastening.

Overall - i would say - congratulations!.
    Do you know the provenience?

On separate note, the history of the contribution of Polish Air Force during the defence of France in 1940 - that is a separate story, also worth knowing.

Pictures: source WCN Warsaw.

Quote by Alagi View Post
    Dear fellows,
    I recently open a new thread about this PAF badge, I share my find also here. Making some research I found only few informations (also in this thread)

My eagle look like the 1939/40' french model, but obviously I'm not sure about it.
    Could I ask you if it's original and some other information about the history of this particoular badge?

Alagi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Hi!
    Thank you for the congrats and for the informations, I'm really surprized and happy to know that this badge is full of history and rare to find.
    I found it in Italy, I'll try to take other information about the provenience and eventually I'll write here

Alagi

Sure - always happy to help!

Quote by Alagi View Post
    Hi!
    Thank you for the congrats and for the informations, I'm really surprized and happy to know that this badge is full of history and rare to find.
    I found it in Italy, I'll try to take other information about the provenience and eventually I'll write here

Alagi

Fellows,
    This may be a relevant find!

Some of you may remember the earlier post that features the black & white picture of "early SBSK Eagle" from Col Mincer's archives in custody of Sikorski's Institute in London. Colonel Mincer categorises this Eagle as SBSK 1st, made in Syria, before SBSK moved to Palestine (camp Latrum) from Camp Homs in Syria in Q3 1940.

I have tried to compare this picture with various known casted Eagles.

The result is - i would say quite conclusive - see below. The Mincer's SBSK Eagle - seems to have material similarities with as the one presented.

What is even more important - distinctive features can be found on the reverse - they may further help to distinguish this variant, amongst the various casted ones (many of them used in SBSK too).

thoughts?

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Happy days!

I have managed finally after years of work to locate pictures an extremely rare variant of Scully Eagle.

The fastening – based on English style Omegas. A large majority of Scully Eagles have vertical blades.

As discussed on the forum previously, there also is the 3rd version with a screw (also rare).

This addition – may complete the research on Scully variants?

Polish Hat Eagles