Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 156 of 226 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 166 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    Good pictures of a rare Mid-east made Eagle.
    I do not think we have ever presented this variant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

A seldom seen eagle from Jerusalem based Samuel Kretschmer. These pics were taken yesterday using my smartphone, so please excuse the quality. This rare bird resides in a lucky friend’s collection.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Eagle 63 Torun infantry regiment. An early versionPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hello Palessky and welcome to the forum. Here's a period portrait photo of a young private showing where this eagle was applied. It appears to be sitting on a cloth backing.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    Another small step in understanding the Polish Eagles. Hope You like the find.
    Finally, after substantial effort i have found (in archives of Sikorski) the picture featuring a Small 40m Eagle (Casted - based on small J.R Gaunt of London), but the version with the Small Legionaries' Shield Removed.

I am now convinced this is a rare Eagle - i have seen substantial nr of picture and it appears only on a few.

Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    Very high quality pictures of a rare Eagle, believed to be used by Polish Guards' Companies associated with USA Army 1945+ and / or soldiers of 1st Polish Armoured Division

Polish Hat Eagles  
    Last edited by wadowicznic; 11-27-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Fellows,
    This could be an interesting find - looks like 2 versions of the canvas "Green" Eagle by S.E. Tietz of T Tel Awiw may have possibly existed.

I have always known only "smaller" version - but to my surprise - i have recently come across this picture featuring side by side various Tietz's Eaagles. One of the "green" Eagles is slightly taller. This may be just a mechanical "stretch" of canvas - and /or a production "mistake". If it is a production "mistake" - we are looking at an interesting new version.

Perhaps some of You friends, can check - compare in own collection(s).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I have been trying to research this particular Eagle / variant for some time now (large 5.5cm - silverised) - sadly without conclusive results. having said that, taking to account circumstantial evidence - seems to me that the Eagle was made in France. However, it is unclear of Eagle dates back to 1944 and / or 44+.

Perhaps any of You know more?

On seperate note - ss my research has been progressing, a great picture, dating back to 1944, has come to light. It features a number of Eagles - including what seems to be a "small French 39" variant (red circle). As far as i understand this may be 1st ever picture featuring this Eagle.

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    • Please add some good posts – I know, You can do it!
    • We need more diversity and more information – goes without saying!
    • This needs to be collaborative work!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello everyone, im not sure if this one is legit but i got it today in outback Australia..any help would be great
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles