Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 159 of 226 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    Hello guys;

maybe a strange question in this wonderful thread, but is there anywhere on the internet an overview on one, or on a couple pages of the different types of cap eagles?
    Because i love these small items, but can not hold them apart when they are not placed together with the information to them; in fact it is a list with photographs and description where i looking for.
    Hello Pieter, not a strange question at all. Attached below is something I put together about seven or eight years back. The two eagles on bottom left remain a tossup between Spink and Firmin. Artur may have some comments to help clear up the fogginess here.

I looked different evenings to find the book that handles about this eagles; (POLSKIE ORŁY DO CZAPEK 1939-45 T.ZAWISTOWSKI) on english sale sites, without result (because my polish really really is zero to buy on Polish sale sites..); maybe know someone an example that possibe is for sale in this way? Or an overview.
    Unfortunately out of print and none currently available anywhere based on a quick web search.

Here's Mr. Zawistowski's newest release, the fifth in the series, with this one devoted to Eagle badges of the Polish 2nd Corps. Well worth owning:

OR

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Many thanx wadowicznic, and Tony for the reply's!!

wadowicznic;
    It sounds great to put up a small catalogue of Polish hat eagles; would be a great reference- help!

Tony;
    Many thanx for the overview; this is a very nice- clear, and great looking overview of the different hat eagles !
    Do you have also a picture in the same form of the backs of the eagles?

i see also eagles pass with a small shield- in the shield, where the eagle is placed on, what difference is this between with or without?

Kind regards, and again many thanx for the information and support!
    Pieter.

Fellows,
    I am opening the 2017 - with the request to ID / research this particular new variant.
    One of a few known Mid-East Casted Eagles - but a) with a characteristic copper screw of relatively big dimension of 8mm+ b) Eagle is very heavy and 5mm+ thickness.
    To my knowledge - it is a rare variant not commonly seen. Attached 2nd specimen.

Perhaps one of you has a similar 3rd specimen to compare!?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

. . . Do you have also a picture in the same form of the backs of the eagles?
    Here you go Pieter.

Cheers,
    tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Many thanx again tony for the clear photographs of the eagles rear(s), i am very grateful ; this is really fantastic-and clear reference material !!

Could you provide me an answer to the shield in the shield that is frequently seen on types of eagles? (-shield that is placed in the mid of the shield where the eagle is placed on..)

wadowicznic; Again fantastic eagles you shown here ,
    i can not help you unfortunately with an answer to the research for the eagles, because my knowledge to these, is at the minimum on this moment; but what a great examples again .
    Always nice to see the many variants...

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

Pieter, you're most welcome as always. I am happy that this is of some assistance in differentiating some of the more common variations of the wz.39 eagle.

The "the shield in the shield" design dates back to the early 19th century following the partition of Poland and the creation of the Congress Kingdom. Here's an example of a 3rd Ulan Regiment "Czapka" from the period:

Polish Hat Eagles

The design was reintroduced for Polish Riflemen's Association hat eagles, with the letter "S" for "Strzelec" (rifleman) added to the small shield. The Polish Riflemen's Association was formed before WW1 in Austrian Galicia. Józef Piłsudski would come to prominence from this organization that would eventually would become the core of the Polish Legions and then the Polish Army after the birth of the Polish 2nd Republic following WW1:

Polish Hat Eagles

The small pattern eagle was officially adopted for headwear with a crown added and letter in the small shield dropped:

Polish Hat Eagles

Despite this, Piłsudski continued to display only the crownless riflemen's eagle on his "maciejówka" until his death in 1935.

Polish Hat Eagles

The small pattern eagle was officially carried over to the Army in Exile period. As you can see from some of Artur's cast examples posted above the shield was not always included in the small pattern eagle.

Cheers,
    Tony

Thank you very much for the full -and well documented answer on the question Tony .

Kindest regards and many thanx!!
    Pieter.

?

Hello Gentlemen,

My recent acquisition - a stamped wz. 27 eagle. Those were commonly used in II RP by police and public administration. After catastrophy of September 1939 some quantity of those were used by Polish army in France, especially 2DSP (2 Dywizja Strzelców Pieszych).

Here it is on my 2DSP artillery officer's field uniform display - with French forage cap, greatcoat mle 1920 and sam browne belt. Below 1940 photo of Polish OR's in France wearing wz. 27 on forage caps.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Thank You for this post!
    Excellent find with the provenience and, from our perspective, a relevant clue regarding the “French Period”. My research, mainly based on pictorial archives as Sikorski, suggests that there is still a lot unanswered questions re “French period” – but, I am getting more and more confident that some of the specific identifications we have collectively made as the Forum has progressed – are correct.

The big question for me remains – was / where there purposely designed and produced Navy Eagle(s) in France during 1939/40?

Quote by Esco View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

My recent acquisition - a stamped wz. 27 eagle. Those were commonly used in II RP by police and public administration. After catastrophy of September 1939 some quantity of those were used by Polish army in France, especially 2DSP (2 Dywizja Strzelców Pieszych).

Here it is on my 2DSP artillery officer's field uniform display - with French forage cap, greatcoat mle 1920 and sam browne belt. Below 1940 photo of Polish OR's in France wearing wz. 27 on forage caps.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles