Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 162 of 226 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Very rare French one - with provinience.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,

One more step (and I think very relevant) - in understanding various interesting variants of Polish Eagles. At Sikorski's Museum - i have come across this very unusual Gaunt - at the first look - a classic bigger version with less common fastening - 2 vertical "blades".

However, upon close examination the very unusual feature can be noticed - Gaunt's markings under the lower blade.
    I have seen - a number of Gaunt with "blades" - but this is first one with markings - clearly super unusual / rare.

It is understood that Guan used marking early in the war and then discontinued. This may suggest that variant with "blades" emerged very early.

Has any of you seen / got a similar one?
    see #1420 and #1436 , pretty close

Yes - good stuff!
    Next variant confirmed!

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    see #1420 and #1436 , pretty close

Fellows,
    Any New and “Unknown” Eagles to research?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

The eagle below is true mystery. Zawistowski do not note this version. I saw only 3-4 times in internet auctions during last 10 years.
    Unfortunately I don't have back side view.

?

Sorry, I found reverse side of this eagle.

Classic!

Fellows,

Good pictures of the rare variant of the Polish Navy Eagle. We have discussed this particular variant before, with focus on material differences versus more popular one - based 40mm Gaunt.

My personal experience is that this variant is "a few times" less likely to be found than Gaunt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by civil View Post
    The eagle below is true mystery. Zawistowski do not note this version. I saw only 3-4 times in internet auctions during last 10 years.
    Unfortunately I don't have back side view.
    It reminds me of eagles I've seen produced for the reenactor market. The soft details along with material colour and oxidation. Not a judgment call, but this could explain its absence from Mr. Zawistowski's books.

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I've never seen this eagle in reenactor market or flea markets in Poland. This variant is die stamped from both sides and the shape-pattern is original. Do you know any other original(not similiar to known versions) die stamped PSZ-looks-like eagle made for example for veterans long after WWII?
    Below more pictures from my old archive:

Regards