Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 163 of 226 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 173 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by civil View Post
    . . . Do you know any other original(not similiar to known versions) die stamped PSZ-looks-like eagle made for example for veterans long after WWII? . . .
    Confusing question! If I understand correctly, you’re asking if I know of unique patterned eagles that look somewhat like the wz.39 PSZ eagles but were produced for veterans well after WW2 - ? I can’t say that I do. Regardless, my only point is that the overall quality and finish is very reminiscent of a wz.19 eagle sold by a reenactor supply site in the US some years back. I had one of them in my collection at one point. Die stamped from thin and malleable light coloured brass sheet metal, oxidized and then run past a buffing wheel to bring out the high points. Easily bent with finger pressure, and almost appeared disposable.

Mr. Wadowicznic – what say you?

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This particular "design" is not known to me neither as an actual example nor on period pictures.

Having said that, I have learned a few times already, the fact that i have not seen it - does not mean that "design" is not the period one. Hard to say!

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Confusing question! If I understand correctly, you’re asking if I know of unique patterned eagles that look somewhat like the wz.39 PSZ eagles but were produced for veterans well after WW2 - ? I can’t say that I do. Regardless, my only point is that the overall quality and finish is very reminiscent of a wz.19 eagle sold by a reenactor supply site in the US some years back. I had one of them in my collection at one point. Die stamped from thin and malleable light coloured brass sheet metal, oxidized and then run past a buffing wheel to bring out the high points. Easily bent with finger pressure, and almost appeared disposable.

Mr. Wadowicznic – what say you?

T.

Fellows,
    Any interesting debating / research related subject Re Eagles for the weekend?
    Any interesting variants – stories etc?
    We need to get more “scientific”
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Actually, there is an interesting Eagle for the weekend. I have just extracted the pictures below.

Eagle featured was minted in the summer 1939 - for the National Association of Pilsudski's Legionaries. Very interesting inscription JP and design following patterns of 1914/18 Legions' Eagles.

Very interesting and rare Eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Is this a Hoffman Brothers underground production from 1943 in Poland ? Thanks

Yeah that looks like a Hoffman Brothers eagle.

Legend!!!!
    Very rare variant of French Aluv... 1939/40 Eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I do not think w have featured this Eagle / Pin
    Any ideas / suggestions and / or similar specimens?

Fellows
    An interesting one – France 39 or before 39 or contemporary?
    Perhaps one of you has similar?
    A

Here is a patriotic badge I picked up. Made in Chicago, by Tyrakowski. Not sure of when it was made.