Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 173 of 226 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 183 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Example of Eagle used in 1AD
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    One of the rare examples of Mid East made Eagle – with provenience. Eagle used to belong to Col W. Samira – distinguished officer of Armoured part of 2nd Cor.

Curtesy of Robert Odulinski.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Continuing on the subject of unusual / rare version of fixing – this Eagle deserves presentation- not often seen horizontal blades.
    Usually this variant of PAF Eagle has omegas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

I have taken some liberty to study one of the Haller’s / “Blue Army” Eagles on the occasion of 100th anniversary of Army’s creation – that has been celebrated in Poland recently.

It is understood and proven that this particular “variant” was used both during WW1 and WW2 by Poles in France.

However, after careful examination of specimens and pictures known to me – I have come to the conclusion that, there actually could have been 2 stamps (WW1 and WW2) and therefore 2 variants. Please see attached – some major differences (avers) are very clear and there is more (on reverse).

However, what remains unknown to me - is which one - dates back to WW1 and which to WW2?.

Seems to me that one with a “vertical pin and disk” is WW2 version, as I have seen this fastening more often.

Finally, looks to me that there is a very rare “period re-make” of WW2 version – same features – but vertical blades.

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    Some interesting research subject please!

I am announcing the 1st Edition of the Global Contest “Eagles are Landing” with no limitation to enter!

There will be a very attractive Prize (no kidding!) for the Most Interesting Post during August.

Vote will take place on August 30th and the Prize will be announced shortly thereafter.

Posts - can be: Eagles and / or info / sources etc!

Rules:
    Each person has unlimited nr of Posts that can be submitted – but will only have 1 Vote.
    During 1st Edition, a person can vote even without submitting a Post, but will not be able to vote in 2nd Edition (i hope to do them periodically), unless submits a Post.

Last edited by wadowicznic; 07-26-2017 at 10:56 PM.

?

Default Book release - Polish 2nd Corps Eagles

Hello everyone! This is the first of the series of books on Polish eagle badges from author Tomasz Zawistowski to be in English language. The book will be released soon. Here are some excerpts with permission of the author:

Enjoy!

Robek

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,

Special post to commemorate
    the 73rd anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising of 1944 — a heroic and tragic 63-day struggle to liberate Warsaw from Nazi/German occupation. Undertaken by the Home Army (Armia Krajowa, AK)

Looking forward to this one; and hope that the others from the serie will follow in the future! Can someone place it in the book section, when it be released?

Thanx in advance .

Hello Pieter,

Just the other day I spotted a listing on ebay, so the book is already out on the market.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony !!