Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 175 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2257

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

I have studied the shield but can't make out if there is anything more than a random series of scratches. I will try some more photos in different lights.

Thanks to wadowicznic for your comments.

I'm still on the lookout for a WW2 era Airforce badge so would be prepared to do an exchange if any one has a spare one.

Smile 10 Dragoons Eagle

Good day folks

One for the weekend. A standard 10 Dragoons pattern I believe. Does the double blade fitting make it a Spink made example?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

James
    Thank you for the post and congratulations on an interesting acquisition (i suppose!).

If i may add to your description.

It actually is hard to determine conclusively if this particular Eagle / pattern had been designed and manufactured - by Spink. Wider "consensus" suggests that it actually is a J.R. Gaunt & Son - product. Looking at things on circumstantial basis - this pattern has very few differences versus "traditional Gaunt 40mm one". On the other hand - and to the contrary - vertical blades are narrower than used in "traditional Gaunt" (there is a version, rare one, with blades).

Regarding remark - 10th dragoons - do you have some more info? -it would be very additive to research we are conducting on this forum.
    Finally - what is very interesting - actually, this Eagle / pattern is not seen in Sikorski's collection (a far as i know). That may suggest 2 things: a) very rare war time one or b) post war production. whatever happens - it is not commonly seen!

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day folks

One for the weekend. A standard 10 Dragoons pattern I believe. Does the double blade fitting make it a Spink made example?

Many thanks

James

Hello wadowicznic

Thank you so much for such a full and informed reply. I have seen this referred to the 10 Dragoons version. I am obviously incorrect in that description. It is exactly 40mm from the top of the crown to the base of the shield.

Thanks again for your comments and observations.

James

Always happy to help!
    Again - thank You for posting a research subject.
    One more, remark - that may be helpful. Conclusively it was established that there were - 2 types of Eagles for the 10th Hussars (not 10th Dragoons).
    Very rare Eagles and well described -

http://arch.ipn.gov.pl/ftp/pamiecpl/9_2016_pamiecpl.pdf

Page 56 (in polish unfortunately)

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Hello wadowicznic

Thank you so much for such a full and informed reply. I have seen this referred to the 10 Dragoons version. I am obviously incorrect in that description. It is exactly 40mm from the top of the crown to the base of the shield.

Thanks again for your comments and observations.

James

Fellows,
    Good pictures of this classic!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Good pictures - 2nd DSP - Swiss made Eagle.

Polish Hat Eagles  

A WW1 era US made "Blumenthal" pattern, this example in silver.

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Exceptional set!
    Sikorski's Collection

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    It does not get much better than that!
    Eagle version 1917 - minted in a sword!
    Sokorski's collecton