Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 179 of 226 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default Another period photo.

Hi bird lovers

I'm posting a period photo worth a few hundred likes I believe. Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Polish Hat Eagles

Lt. Jan Kułagowski a.k.a Krzem.
    During Warsaw Uprising commander of Coy B-2, Battalion Bałtyk,
    Baszta Regiment which fought in Mokotów district.
    Upon the fall of Warsaw Uprising a P.O.W. in Germany.
    Never returned to Poland. Died in Detroit, MI in 1986.

Kosa, it's a wonderful portrait photo, and I thank you for posting it. But I have to say that it brings back very sad memories for me. The furazerka below has this same eagle. I missed out on this cap about ten years ago, sold on ebay. One of those careless moments where I was sidetracked and overlooked the auction close. Most collectors can relate similar stories of items that slipped away. The winning bid: $53.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    (...) Most collectors can relate similar stories of items that slipped away.(...)
    Haha. Yes, I can.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Fellows,
    Although not the Cap Eagle is being featured, i think it is worth posting the pictures below - given the significance and rarity of the object and the specific Eagle engraving.

This sward tells the real story and was given by the President of Polish republic to nr 1 - exemplary student of the officers' infantry school - who then went on have a distinguished career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B3zef_Roman_Utnicki

Sikorski's Collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Kosa / Tony

Thank you for this post - very relevant!
    Actually - i was not aware of this Variant at all (like in case of many others in the past). From those 2 reference points - picture and the cap - it is clear that this rare Variant needs to be added to our catalogue. Hope we will be lucky to find - one, shortly!.

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hi bird lovers

I'm posting a period photo worth a few hundred likes I believe. Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Polish Hat Eagles

Lt. Jan Kułagowski a.k.a Krzem.

Fellows,
    An another research topic to deal with.

This very rare Eagle / Variant has been puzzling me for some time. Very high quality Eagle. It is believed to be associated with Polish Army in France 1939/40, but i have not yet been able to verify this theory for 100%. Perhaps any of You has a similar Eagle and / or even better - pictures placing this variant in context
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Hi
    This eagle is good?, any more information about him?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by Tomek View Post
    Hi
    This eagle is good?, any more information about him?
    Hi Tomek,

This is a genuine Gaunt eagle cap badge with a replacement spinner. There's more information on it in this thread.

Best,
    Kosa

?

Quote by kosa View Post
    hi tomek,

this is a genuine gaunt eagle cap badge with a replacement spinner. There's more information on it in this thread.

Best,
    kosa
    thx

Gents,

One more small step and v-relevant find, i think, - as we continue the endless research work on Polish WW2 Eagles.

I am happy to report that i have finally managed to apprehend and place in context this mega rare variant of Gaunt made Eagle.
    We did a lot of thinking / dedicated a few posts to this unusual variant (distinctive features in red below) in the past and we could not contextualise it -place in time etc - due to its rarity!.

As in many cases before - Sikorski's archives provides undisputable and conclusive set of proofs as to timing / usage / provenience!

Another Variant "IDed"!!!

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles