Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 181 of 226 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Question Two unworn cloth eagles.

Good day folks

Two unworn cloth eagles. Are there any red flags?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

James
    Thank You for the post!
    Yes - as far as i know - it is a genuine WW2 and / or shortly thereafter - variant.

Interestingly, review of "berets" / "back polish service caps" kept under the custody of Sikorski Museum - actually shows that there were 2-3 variant of this Eagle. Main difference is an application of canvas protective background (visible on your specimens). What becomes harder to establish - are periods of production for various versions. Looking at the "berets", i have seen - my hypothesis (but not 100% proved) is that Eagles without the protective canvas emerged earlier, around 1943.

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day folks
    Two unworn cloth eagles. Are there any red flags?
    Many thanks
    James

Application of this Variant!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

With regards to your post, I hope that you do not mind me adding the following information the photograph was taken in Scotland

Polish Hat Eagles

The photograph shows Kazimierz, Władysław, Józef and Mieczysław Wilda. all from South America who made their way to the UK and joined the 16th Armoured Brigade.

The photograph was taken on the 2nd December 1941.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. double click to enlarge the photograph in a new window

Fellows,
    I am happy to report some new finds re rare / unusual Eagles. Rarely seen quality POWs' pictures - likely taken, shortly after liberation of a stalag / camp somewhere in Germany.

Please notice very interesting "mini Eagles". Likely made at a a camp?.

We can add this variant(s) to our roll-deck and let's hope we are going to see actual specimens found in the near future -to close the search and research case, on this one!

Fellows,
    Although slightly off an actual topic, i think those Eagle(s) are worth posting!

It would be super to find a bottle like one of these - even without its content!

Breda!!!

Fellows,
    It does not often gets much better - classic Eagle - made by J.R. Gaunt & Son of London.

Andrzej may actually may be able to find out the name of the commando officer.

Rare varint of Free Polish Navy Eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    James
    Thank You for the post!
    Yes - as far as i know - it is a genuine WW2 and / or shortly thereafter - variant.

Interestingly, review of "berets" / "back polish service caps" kept under the custody of Sikorski Museum - actually shows that there were 2-3 variant of this Eagle. Main difference is an application of canvas protective background (visible on your specimens). What becomes harder to establish - are periods of production for various versions. Looking at the "berets", i have seen - my hypothesis (but not 100% proved) is that Eagles without the protective canvas emerged earlier, around 1943.
    Thanks very much for this information. The additional and the photos is such good learning.

All the best

James

Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for your post, I have seen this Officer in various photographs in a number of Books,

1) Allied Forces in Italy by Guido Rosignoli

2) General Anders by the PISM

But they do not name him, so back to basics to search for the Name of this Porucznik

Polish Hat Eagles

General Broni Kazimierz Sosnkowski awarding the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari to ?

I have found 4 officers awarded the VM from the Commando Company also awarded the Monte Cassino Cross they are as follows:

1)Ppor. sp. Adam Bachleda VM Nr: 11236

2)Por. Andrzej Czynski VM Nr 8532

3) Ppor. sp. Stanisław Pałach VM 10289

4) Ppor. Wiktor Rzemieniecki VM 10232

Perhaps one of the other Forum members can help identify this officer for us.

Best wishes

Andrzej