Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 185 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . As per relevant regulations re uniforms / symbols of the Polish Air Force - from 1942 (if I remember correctly) . . .
    Close. October 27, 1941.

(click on photos to magnify):
    Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

James
    Thank You for the post! Great collection!.
    I think You actually should be excited
    1. the Scully in this mint condition with complete blades is definitely a rarity!
    2. i like the small G -40mm one - is it painted silver or solid material - they typically seen either oxidised and / or white metal
    3. larger Gs - super - both with markings and complete blades!
    Thank you wadowicznic. Yes I was excited to get the Scully. My first.

Of the Gaunts I think the one with the rather blurred Gaunt mark may be silver. I'm going to get a friend to investigate. The small 40mm has the look of a British officers silver plated cap badge so I'm guessing it is plated. The frosting is beautiful. Along side two other small eagles. One cast, I'm guessing Middle East, and the other, any idea of the manufacturer? It has blades top and bottom in the same style as Scully.

Many thanks

James

On the lookout for a metal PAF eagle to complete my representative collection. Happy to trade. Except for the Scully that is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    One of the best pictures - I have ever come across - linking Army Eagle version with Air Force.

As per relevant regulations re uniforms / symbols of the Polish Air Force - form 1942 (if i remember correctly)

In addition - As a "puzzle" - I am going o challenge all Air Force enthusiasts on this forum - to tell us when / where the picture was taken and who is featured! I am very curious to see who is the fastest!?
    Archives of IPMS.
    looks like both sizes of eagle were being worn.

Hello Everyone,

Whilst surfing yesterday I came across this photograph taken of the Display at the PISM which I thought that you all might to view

Polish Hat Eagles

Also shown on the display are the Orders Decorations and awards of AVM Aleksander Maisner

Polish Hat Eagles

Ppor pil Aleksander Maisner

Polish Hat Eagles

Air Vice Marshal Aleksander Maisner CB CBE AFC etc

Best wishes

Andrzej

Fellows,

I am very happy to report an another positive Identification (see previous posts)
    The 2nd matching specimen has been found in IPMS's archives. Eagle is labelled as made and bough in Iraq in 1943.

Very rare Eagle, no doubts!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Well done Artur!!
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    Although - it is not a Cap Eagle - i think, it is worth posting this material as it expands our knowledge re symbols / Eagles of Polish formations of ww2.

I have recently come across - this super rare ID of Holly Cross Brigade (HCB) of National Armed Forces. HCB was one of the military formations of National - Democratic Party of Poland pre 1939.

Clearly views re contribution / role of the HCB - are very polarised and much research still needs to be done to arrive at an objective conclusion, having said that, it is important t present this document and the Eagle it features.

Please post some additional NSZ / HCB Eagles - if you have any materials so we can expand on the subject!

Also - please notice the service of history of its recipient.
    Source IPMS

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Probably hand made eagle

A young boy, one of the Polish soldiers repatriated from the Soviet Union to Britain, making a speech upon his arrival, 5 June 1942. All soldiers present were imprisoned or deported to the Gulag after the Soviet invasion of Poland in 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Hello Everyone
    A post on the Bailey bridge leading to the town of Cerro. The youngest soldier of the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Battalion on the photo:rifleman NURKIEWICZ Stefan-army number:1926-1-III and one of the oldest sergeant ŻABIŃSKI Jan-army number:1897-41-III,KWx1. Italy, 1944.

Polish Hat Eagles

sergeant Żabiński Jan & rifleman NURKIEWICZ Stefan.

Best wishes

Artur

Fellows,
    This could be an another successful identification of the new variant.

Rare Eagle - according sikorski's archives, made in Alexandra.

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles