Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 188 of 226 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by becksi View Post
    Fellows,

an interesting photo for me. It looks like genuine pre-war 19pattern eagle.
    I think that this photo was taken between February and May 1945.
    What is your opinion?
    Attachment 1147274
    I agree, it does appear to be a wz.19 pattern eagle. This is not the first time I have seen a pre-WW2 pattern eagle on Polish exiled armed forces in the west headwear.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by madtheswine99 View Post
    I have this one which is on a Ushanka hat. I don't think it is genuine but after seeing some others on here I just don't know, probably is a crap attempt at one. Just kept it for the novelty factor.

Attachment 1147308
    Attachment 1147310
    Post WW2 Soviet occupation era eagle. Not an area I collect in, but it's more than likely genuine as the counterfeiters haven't gotten to these yet. Most are common and remain in plentiful supply - although I don't often see them in brass finish like this.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello Tony,

that's right, PSZ eagles present a wide range of types and I am not surprised about another one pattern- wz.19. But, do you agree with me that this photo was taken in the end of war? If yes, this is interesting that soldier's pre-war eagle survived war turmoil.

Best regards,
    Filip

Filip
    From my own research and specimens – I conclude that there was a “very narrow application (small nr)” of larger “1919 pattern” in Polish Army in Exile, across the various geographies and times during 1939-45/47.
    3 things are interesting re 1919 pattern in context of Exile Forces
    1. looks like a very small nr of Eagles actually made (stamped) in Poland, made to France / Mid-east and UK – they almost not seen on period hats etc
    2. to my knowledge - there are 2-3 patterns that had been re-made – using casting technique – they are well documented and multiple specimens are known. The rarest is, to my knowledge, – one with the vertical blade – exclusive version made in the UK (I think) – used in 1st Cor (very early) and WAAF like formation. I will try to dig out picture of it
    3. a lot of 19ths come up on pictures of POW and Displaced People Camps in Germany – however – not sure if made in Poland or re-made in Germany.

Quote by becksi View Post
    Hello Tony,

that's right, PSZ eagles present a wide range of types and I am not surprised about another one pattern- wz.19. But, do you agree with me that this photo was taken in the end of war? If yes, this is interesting that soldier's pre-war eagle survived war turmoil.

Best regards,
    Filip
    - - ------- - -

Fellows,
    I think - it is worth posting!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Please follow the link below:

https://www.si.edu/spotlight/awards-...signia?page=16

It leads to a very interesting PAF Eagle - not yet featured on our forum. What is incredible interesting - it actually is marked by the "Producer". Unfortunately it is very hard to conclude the full text - except word "London"
    We now have a new task - find an another one ot solve the puzzle ad ID this variant!
    Anyone - some ideas /pictures etc?

Fellows,

I was thinking - recently - which the most relevant - "story telling" Eagle i have seen over years, is - and the conclusion is - this one!

Hope You like my choice!

It is a "patch" type one - featured on the uniform of Zofia Lesniowska (IPMS) - the daughter of Gen W Sikorski.
    As far as i understand - it is one off specimen.

I have removed some features - to make the work of counterfeiters a bit harder - as i am sure, they will try!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Hello everyone,

A couple of fantasy eagles from the same seller vwg3811 located in Cracow / Kraków, Poland sold on Allegro yesterday.

Cheers,
    Kosa

It is incredible how wide imagination some people have to secure some cash!

Combining the contemporary “re-make” of pennon of 24 lancers with the “re-make” of Steinchouer’s fixing nut – to convince somebody that it is a period made eagle – is just top of (… I have no words to describe it!)

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hello everyone,

A couple of fantasy eagles from the same seller vwg3811 located in Cracow / Kraków, Poland sold on Allegro yesterday.

Cheers,
    Kosa

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    It is incredible how wide imagination some people have to secure some cash!
    Yes, this is sad. This is sick. Beware of the seller vwg3811. He lists fantasy eagles on Allegro from time to time. The badges in post #1878 above sold for nearly $250 a piece