Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 194 of 226 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Today something usual and unusual at the same time. This looks like a typical plastic Stanley & Son eagle (12th Podolian Uhlan Regiment version), however the "U12" symbol is barely visible on shield. Production error? Someone changed regiments and later removed the symbol? Any ideas appreciated.

Polish Hat Eagles

the background " beading " on the shield has suffered which could point to deliberate modification, perhaps by heat. the upshot is that one will never know the original scenario of the demise of the symbol.

talking of eagles, I was given some odd bits and bobs which included this bird. is any information known of its use and its period in time. size about 50mm x 50mm. thanking contributor(s) in anticipation
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Very interesting find - placing in context the very rare version of Gount Eagle previously discussed.

Found - in the very interesting and surprising place - with provenience and well personalised.

I need to do more research on Lord's Nuffield achievements - as far i know - he was a superior industrialist during ww2.
    This Eagle must have had very sentimental value to him - kept for decades in the drawer of his major working desk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

William Richard Morris, 1st Viscount Nuffield GBE CH FRS Born 10 October 1877 Died 22 August 1963, was an English motor manufacturer and philanthropist. He was the founder of Morris Motors Limited and is remembered as the founder of the Nuffield Foundation, the Nuffield Trust and Nuffield College, Oxford. He took his title from the village of Nuffield in Oxfordshire, where he lived.

(Article from Wikipedia)

Polish Hat Eagles

Painting of Lord Nuffield

Best wishes

Andrzej

Just added this one to the collection. Is this a ww2 one? It was bought in Australia.
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Just added this one to the collection. Is this a ww2 one? It was bought in Australia
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

It’s a good one. A wz.39 “Alavoine” pattern that I believe was made in Palestine.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks A.J, it looks great next to the 'Tobruk' sand cast one ive got

Hi
    Congratulations on the find!.
    As tony says s - very nice, made in Palestine polish ww2 Eagle - known as "Palestinian 40/41".
    Perfectly legitimate to be found in Australia - as there are well documented examples of friendships and "badges swaps" between Australians and Poles while serving in North Africa. This could be one of the ways - it ended up down-under.
    Can you please post the casted one? Perhaps new / perhaps known variant!