Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 196 of 226 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2257

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

interesting RAF Flying Officer tropical epaulette rank slide ?

Navy:

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

I think - because picture is part of the set that i associated with 318 SQ -that was stationed for some time in Mid-East.

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    interesting RAF Flying Officer tropical epaulette rank slide ?

Incredible find-congratulations. Both Eagle and Hat are museum quality finds. Do you know the provenience? This would help to "contextualise" this rare Eagle.

Quote by Victory Museum View Post
    Navy:

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    I am v-happy to report an interesting find - a very unusual casted PAF Eagle -100% period item.

I have seen many "casted " Eagle over years - but this one is very unusual - given material used, which is aluminium. Fastening, also very unusual.

Perhaps any of you has second specimen - so we can "positively" ID this variant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Scully of Canada - Rare Eagle
    IPMS archives
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

any thoughts on this one greatly appreciated, it appears in hand to be brass base with a wash
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Good day folks

Is this a WW2 era PAF Eagle? Nice gilt highlights, 3 rear fixings and mounted on what looks like black serge over a buckram type of material.

It has many of the characteristics of a Gaunt made eagle.

Many thanks for your comments.

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    Last edited by jamest8; 04-27-2018 at 08:27 AM.

James,
    I must have seen this particular one before – but do not remember where / when!?
    Very characteristic reverse – with black canvas / cover removed. I think, It must have been - one of the auctions couple years ago -somebody may have some records

It is ww2 pattern - in fact made by Gaunt (on some specimens an orginal label can be found). Very rare eagle!.
    This one appears genuine, but inspection needed to be 100% sure.

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day folks

Is this a WW2 era PAF Eagle? Nice gilt highlights, 3 rear fixings and mounted on what looks like black serge over a buckram type of material.

It has many of the characteristics of a Gaunt made eagle.

Many thanks for your comments.

James
    Last edited by wadowicznic; 04-28-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Fellows,
    Finally have managed to obtain high quality picture of this very interesting and rare Eagle (previously posted not that good!). Most likely made in Mid-east around 1944.

Pictorial records suggest that this pattern was used widely by the members of the 2nd Motorised Commando Battalion.

Polish Hat Eagles