Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 197 of 226 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2258

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,

I am v-happy to report - a likely positive identification.

Seems very similar, although one never knows with "bajorek" made Eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Can you please take close-up pics of the eagle in good light?

Quote by Victory Museum View Post
    Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    I have come across those -interesting pictures on ebay lately. Actually, looks like this particular set is very relevant when it comes to contextualising /dating - this particular less known variant of PAF Eagle.

It is the first time ever, i see this particular variant (which is different to "1940 Variant", see picture attached) attached to the period PAF "Furarzerka". There are significant differences in shape and details between this Variant and one from 1940.
    1940 Variant is well documented /quality pictures are known -it is a classic when it comes to PAF memorabilia.

Assuming that set and the cap is from the period-i would risk statement that this Variant emerged later in the war - around 43/44. Let's make a working assumption and call it 43/44 Variant.

In terms of fixing arrangements, I have seen this 43/44 variant with omegas and blades (by my practice, super rare!)

I am guessing from a research on this Surname (Zbigniew Sekulowicz) ,we could conclude more-so perhaps any of you can help?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

With regards to Zbigniew Sekułowicz, he was born on the 10th January 1922 in Nowy Sącz, his service Number was : 706772, his rank was RAF Rank was Aircraftman 2 (AC2), Polish Rank : Plut. (Lance Sergeant) his job was Aircraft hand, General duties. No Squadron listed after the war he changed his name to Bradberry and died in Derby in August 1989.

I will see if I can find more on this individual for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Wadowicznic,

I have also found the following information from the London Gazette dated 20th May 1949, Issue Nr : 38616, Page : 2483, Sekulowicz Zbigniew Kazimierz George, Artificial Silk Spinner, 34 Coleman Street, Alvaston, Derby, granted British Citizenship 21st March 1949.

Zbigniew married Edith V Bradberry and no doubt took her Surname.

That is all that I was able to find

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Wadowicznic,

Whilst surfing the other day I came across the following photograph which I thought I would share with you :

Polish Hat Eagles

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej
    Thank you for the find! I am sure you know it, but for a sake of completeness for others.
    I think -this could be a picture that relates to
    1. so called "Hussars of Death" - small volunteers based unit, relevant in the history of 1920 Polish - Bolsheviks War
    2. i have also come across pictures that relates to so called "defence of Lwow" that feature some volunteers with the small skull added on a hat
    Unfortunately, it is impossible to see the name of the photographer/or city -this would have helped

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Wadowicznic,

Whilst surfing the other day I came across the following photograph which I thought I would share with you :

Best wishes

Andrzej

Fellows,
    I am not hoping for an immediate response / identification - but, perhaps we are lucky one more time - like few times in the past re "casted eagles"- and manage to find an identical / verysimillar specimen.

Typical cast - blurred avers and a few characteristic "casting tracks /points" on reverse. The screw -also unusual as for Mid-east.

Anybody with a similar specimen?

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Hello Everyone

Polish Hat Eagles

Our English cap speaks for us in this bachelor hat.-ANGIELKA.
    After 1920 was used in:1,2,3 Regiment szwoleżerów,KOP,Policja Państwowa.

Best wishes

Artur