Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 200 of 226 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2258

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Agreed, nobody is infallible. Even seasoned collectors and museum curators learn new things. I checked and happen to have an image of this eagle in my “fake/copy” archive from back when they were being sold on ebay as aged reproductions (posted below).

This pattern doesn’t appear in any of the reference literature on the topic, period photos, or collections that I know of, save one. This advanced collection is one of the best on the globe, and happens to be located two hours drive from my home. And that experienced collector says it is a modern product that he keeps only as a curiosity.

The ones I have seen all appear the same. Minimal actual honest physical wear of the bullion thread, and largely only the artificial patina presumably from application of a chemical bath.

Not a piece I would want in my collection, and a probably good that it’s no longer in yours. Pity the new owner though.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I will advise the Sikorski Institute that they stand corrected by a knowledgeable, infallible Canadian collector

Quote by dorava View Post
    I will advise the Sikorski Institute that they stand corrected by a knowledgeable, infallible Canadian collector
    And WHO at the Sikorski has told you that Eagle is good ? Do You have it in writing ?

And if you would like I can contact my Friend Tomek Zawistowski and ask for His opinion. In writing.

Mr. dorava, I am certainly not infallible, and have never claimed to be. I laid out my case why I agree with Krakow1 that that this is not a genuine period eagle. You are free to arrive at your own conclusion - whether from investing the time and effort to study and learn on your own, or simply accepting the opinion of others. Suum cuique!
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Excellent idea
    Please do, and let us know what he says

Fellows,

If may interject at this juncture.
    Can we please rest this discussion that clearly is polarised?.
    Goes without saying - "Bajorek Eagles" are sometimes very hard to date /contextualise and it is very hard to make definitive conclusions - without actually seeing / handling a particular eagle.

My experience is that counterfeiters have improved methods over last few years - but again - as they do not know actual specimens, neither they understand chemical and biological processes influencing cotton and /or silver /aluminium - actually copies are obvious to asses for experienced collectors when opportunity to handle is given.

Let'sgo back to the main objective -please

Can please ask you to post /continue posting interesting examples and factual information so forums develops into even more - high class room for the subject.

Tony - if you have access to a good collection of your friend - please invite him to join -i am sure he can contribute quality.

V interesting one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

IPMS display

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    I been making small steps - to ID a very rare PA Eagle.

Perhaps some of you know more/ can help with clues -information etc?

Pictures attached -please notice very characteristic avers (head / bik specifically) and reverse (fixing).

For some time, I have tried to find more evidence /contextual information - but there is not much - except 2 - quite strong clues.

1. At Sikorski's - a similar Eagle forms part of the display dedicated to the "Polish branches" of the RAF apprentice schools - Cranwell/Holton that operated during WW2 - training Polish air-force cadets
    2. Secondly, I have found a few pictures from the schools-one of them is particularly relevant -but not 100% conclusive, due to quality - distance

The picture - that was taken during the "pass-out parade" in 1944/45 features students with PAF Eagle. However, pictures taken in 46 and 48 feature Poles with standard RAF hat without an Eagle.

As far as I understand, number of Poles that attended Cranwell/Holton Schools was very low - and it looks like only 1 -2 years between 43 - 47, used the PAF Eagle.

If the clues can eventually be proved with further pictures etc - this this makes this variant super rare!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Question

Hello!
    I would like to share you today's found I've seen this type of eagle, but on green pad, this one looks to be grey. Eagle is sewn to postwar beret. What do you think about it, is it possible that eagle was made for 1SBS?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Few more photos, any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles