Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 201 of 226 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Reply to Dorava:

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    And WHO at the Sikorski has told you that Eagle is good ? Do You have it in writing ?

And if you would like I can contact my Friend Tomek Zawistowski and ask for His opinion. In writing.
    Just got my reply from Tomek Zawistowski. Mr Zawistowski says that few people asked about that Eagle recently. His opinion is that indeed it is a aged copy.

So the Canadian collector was right again....
    Last edited by Krakow1; 06-07-2018 at 05:28 PM. Reason: content

Fellows,

An another Milestone in researching Polish ww2 Eagles!

I am very happy to report my recent findings re - made in France - Polish Air Force Eagle.

I have recently come across, in the archives of IPMS - what i consider - actually priceless set of pictures that provides very valuable information and contextual evidence as to the use / rarity of this particular PAF Eagle, variant.

1. firstly- in the "French section" of photo archives - actually - a very crisp and large format- picture of the Eagle can be found (attached below). What is interesting - looks like this particular version (featuring, perhaps the 1st issue of the Eagle) - appears show that the Eagle had fixing in the form of horizontal wire(s) or pin - this is seen in the background. Majority of specimens seen over years have a vertical wire of characteristic shape

2. secondly and perhaps more importantly - a few pictures can be found - which were taken on board of HMS Alexandra Star - on the of the ships that was used to evacuate Polish Airmen from France. Pictures are just incredible - although not so crisp - they show groups of servicemen - so it is possible to see how rare the Eagle was - as % of the population that was evacuated. I am sure the list of passengers could be found in the IPMS archives, to find out how may had been evacuated to provide further estimate, but even without that - just by looking at group pictures - answer is -very small % had the Eagle of this variant!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Last edited by wadowicznic; 06-09-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Fellows,

Some further good research work / milestone! - an another interesting variant IDed.
    2 specimens fund -at 2 corners of the world - took a few years! Rare likely Mid-east made!

Very characteristic features - especially at the reverse!

Polish Hat Eagles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    What Eagles - are we going to investigate?
    Some ideals?

Please do some thinking and active participation – this week!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Hope all well?
    I have finally managed to apprehend v good pictures of a complete PAF Eagle by Lorioli / Johnson.
    Very rare Eagle
    It is understood that 2 versions exist - 1st in silver (16 Eagles made, if i remember correctly - well documented) and "brass /white metal" one, seen more often - featured in these pictures.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Good pictures of recently find - SBSK Eagle.
    This is believed to be the 1st version made in Syria in Q2 1940.

Pictures from the early period of SBSK -before relocation to Palestine - suggest that a relatively small of those Eagles was in circulation.

We have discussed this Eagle before - focusing on characteristic features / "mistakes" resulting from casting based manufacturing.

Like the Ryngraf in the Middle!
    very nice Collection Thanks for sharing Regards Germansky

Fellows,
    I am happy to report - an another interesting research find.

For some time -i have been trying to ID / contextualise this particular Eagle - assumed be made in France 39/40 and very similar to classic design by Aloviane of Paris - but with a few considerable distinctions.

All examples of this particular "Aloviane like" Eagle, that I have seen over years - have all been made from some sort of "aluminium" with no silverizing. Characteristically, all of the examples had fixing via 2 vertical and separated wires.

Based on interviews with various collectors - a consensus was emerging that this particular Eagle was designed for veterans early post war. According to one of my friends, it was available at the SPK office in Paris in 70ts. Pictures attached

However, just recently, have come across the following intriguing pictures.

Interesting, the Eagle is made of brass (not aluminium), silversided and fixing is arranged via 1 vertical wire. Both, materials and fixing are identical to, period Eagle by Aloviane of Paris - but again distinctions / differences remain.

Perhaps we looking at the super rare, period - version of the "Aloviane like" Eagle.
    Perhaps the stamp survived and the "aluminium" version was produced post war.

Any of You - in possession of relevant information /clues?

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I have finally - come across pictures of this – v rare - PAF Eagle. I do not think we have featured this variant before.
    It is very unusual – with number of differences in comparison to “Classic one”, both in terms of material and shape.
    Any of You – with more information?

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    How are things?
    Any new finds?
    Any new information on PAF Eagle above?

I have just come across pictures of this Mid-East Casted one. Classic!

Also take look at Casted Eagles You have to see if they have this “bump”

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles