Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 203 of 226 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2258

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

I second Tony's comment. Artificially aged bullion.
    And if anyone should apologize it shoud be You for your comments : ie. "infallible Canadian Collector "
    I just go back from Poland, and strangely enough Zawistowski has not said anything to me about this.

How did you manage to send Zawistowski same eagle : You sold the Eagle and shipped to the buyer (I know You ship within 3 days) , and We did not say anything about this until week later ?

?

Wadowicznic, this Gaunt eagle on green background have marked by maker reverse or not?
    I have similar without any letters.

Tomek
    In response to below. I think-this version is the rarest G Eeagle (version with vertical blades and signatures). I have seen it only on Lock's hats. same version but without signatures is more common.

Quote by Tomek View Post
    Wadowicznic, this Gaunt eagle on green background have marked by maker reverse or not?
    I have similar without any letters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Thank you Wadowicznic

My Gaunt eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Last edited by Tomek; 07-29-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Super Nice!

Quote by Tomek View Post
    Thank you Wadowicznic

My Gaunt eagke

Fellows,
    An interesting - i think - research subject.
    Pre 39 Eagle by Jan Knedler of warsaw -but with unusual fixing - via omegas.
    Typicaly Knedler's Eagle have a very characteristic marked screw/nut. Have there been 2 versions or is this one an alteration / repo etc?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

You are very cute Krakow1, but I would suggest thinking out of the box. It was the buyers idea to send it to Tomasz. Sorry to dissapoint

?

Krakow1 , in hoping you did contact Tomasz...and waiting for you to post his reply to you
    in the meantime further information from Tomasz who I am sure you will both agree is the foremost expert on Polish eagles
    I reimbursed the buyer after you both made sucha hoopla about the eagle...and the purchaser on his own inicitative, since he also doubted it was a fake, decided to send it to Tomasz...
    The latest reply from Tomasz to him: "I am sorry to inform you I know nothing about your eagle maker. Plenty of people were engaged in manufasturing badges like this. In my opinion this one comes from the Ist Polish Corps"
    I understand both of you can disagree with Tomasz and have your own opinions...that is fine...but obviously it is not so clear. You are entitled to voice your doubts...but I repeat ,you should not be so flipant on assuring things are not good if you do not have it in hand and are 100pct sure
    I am sure both of you will find it hard to appologize, but maybe you take more care next time.

Fellows,
    Interesting Eagles - to post?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    An interesting - i think - research subject.
    Pre 39 Eagle by Jan Knedler of warsaw -but with unusual fixing - via omegas.
    Typicaly Knedler's Eagle have a very characteristic marked screw/nut. Have there been 2 versions or is this one an alteration / repo etc?
    This eagle is probably casting.