Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 226 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    For the records on the forum – PAF Eagle just sold on Ebay UK – price £1079
    Simply – “No comments regarding price”

Can you please share information known to You about this particular pattern?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

?

Fellow Collectors,

I would like to ask you about this cloth Polish forces in Exile beret eagle for black armor beret.

I'm not too familiar with the genuine beret eagle so I need your advice.
    Thanks in advance for any comments !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

It's OK!

Best Regards

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    For the records on the forum – PAF Eagle just sold on Ebay UK – price £1079
    Simply – “No comments regarding price”

Can you please share information known to You about this particular pattern?
    This is my first post on this forum. I live in Milton, Ontario Canada and my main interest is the Polish Air Force 1918-1947. Regarding the cap eagle I got some information from one of the veteran’s, who served in the 300 Bomber Squadron during the war. He mentioned that this particular pattern was produced at the end of the war for the Warrant Officers, and was distributed to the squadrons on May 1945. Many years ago, he donated the same cap eagle to the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw.
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 09-18-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: capitalization error correction at request of poster

Hello feniks302,

Thank you for the additional information. It is interesting to know that this is a late war issue badge. How about that closing auction price?! Wow.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! It’s great to have you aboard.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    For the records on the forum – the recently sold Scully Eagle – very nice
    Price 150US$ - looks like not much for this eagle
    From your collecting practice - how unique Scully Eagle is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

until very recently you could pick them up for about 100...
    times change

Agreed with Dorava. They are not as scarce as some may think, although finding a nice one like this with both fastening blades intact is another matter. So $150 for this one is a reasonable market price at this time. Many that are sold are described incorrectly as being the common British made Gaunt type, for obvious reasons. So keep an eye out for a bargain.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eaglesfrom local arms fair last weekend. usually have a haggle but in this case......................What is the provenance that William Scully manufactured these badges ? I find it bizarre that a 3000 odd mile gulf existed between source and delivery point.

Hello prosty zolnierz,

Tomasz Zawistowski attributes this eagle to Canadian firm William Scully Ltd., Montreal in his excellent book “Polskie orły do czapek w latach 1939-1945”. Scully remains in operation to the present day. I gave them a call a moment ago to see if they could verify anything, but the person I spoke with said that she doubts they have records that stretch back to WW2. No one else was available to speak with as it was the end of their business day. So for the time being we’ll have to take Mr. Zawistowski’s word for it. Incidentally, Zawistowski also lists another Canadian eagle badge maker based in Toronto by the name of Garrett if I recall correctly.

As you probably know, several of the commonwealth nations of the time were producing unforms and equipment for the allied war effort. For example, battledress uniforms from Canada, Australia and New Zealand were much preferred over the UK made issues for their ‘less austere’ tailoring. Pictured below is a rogatywka cap made in 1941 for Canadian and US volunteers that were congregating at the recruitment center in Windsor Ontario. When I obtained this cap it was missing the eagle badge, so a Gaunt sits there at the moment. But it’s very reasonable to suspect that a Toronto or Montreal made eagle once resided there.

Regards,
    Tony

PS: well done if that “Scully” cost you only 20 GBP !

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 33 of 226 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast