Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 218 of 226 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    I am happy to report an interesting find.

It has taken me years to find good quality picture - which may actually provide an answers helping to contextualise one of the Eagles of the Polish Free Forces - known as "Bevo" Eagle.
    Technology used for the production appears to be identical as for some German ww2 patches - known as "Bevo".

The picture is understood to feature - 2 member of 9th Infantry Battalion of 1st Polish Armoured Division (battalion knows as "Flanders Battalion).
    Picture must have been taken in Germany around 45/47.
    Is it somewhere mentioned in a book or so that these 2 gentlemen were members from the 9th Bat.? Just for personal intrest .

Kind regards, Pieter.

Default New Eagles

Dear Fellows,

Recently purchased 2 eagles can anyone in internet land identify them?

DelimataPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Here is an interesting one. No idea if it is genuine. Cast alloy and seems to have Blackpool X4 or XII 1940 on the rear.

What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by delimata View Post
    (post 2172) Recently purchased 2 eagles can anyone in internet land identify them?
    The hat eagle in one that not much is known about, other than being of Middle Eastern origin. One of the scarcer eagles. The other badge is not a hat eagle but rather the pocket badge of the Military Units in the Middle East, aka Polish 3rd Corps. The maker name is also unknown, and the badge is thought to originate in either Palestine or Egypt. This one has its original issue spinner.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    (Post 2173) Here is an interesting one. No idea if it is genuine. Cast alloy and seems to have Blackpool X4 or XII 1940 on the rear.

What do you think?
    It is an interesting version. The known genuine examples of the Blackpool eagle have wire fastening loops cast into the badge. Examples in both aluminum and lead are known. Pictures below, one taken from the Zawistowski reference.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

just wondering if anyones seen one of these..it appears to be made of a plastic or rough aluminum type material, it has a makers mark on the back, but i cant make it out.possibly childs toy?Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Think i may have found the answer..WW2 Polish Army Plastic Cap Badge A Stanley & Sons, Walsall

Fellows,
    One of the known "workshop" casted variants - made in Mid-east (perhaps Alexandra?)
    Characteristic fixing / materials and "post-casting" features
    It appears that - so called "Palestinian 1940" - stamped eagle - was used to create a casting mould

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    V good pictures of Eagle by Alovoine Co of France - issued Jan/Feb 1940.
    Classic of the Polish Free Forces

Fellows
    Truly cool one of the best I know - I very much like those pins - made by W&H.
    Uprising Anniversary

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles