Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 226 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

"With that said, I don't mean to imply that no copies are being made in Poland but when it comes to WW2 awards, the best made = hardest to recognize as fakes, are still from other countries than Poland. A good example is the Cavalry Warrent officers badge as posted by MichalMag. If you compare it to an original badge you don't need to be an expert in order to tell its bad."

Mr 3 DSK
    I am not understanding why you say the best copies made outside of Poland...I am seeing fakes coming all the time from Poland and these every day are being made as good as possible...What are other countries these are coming from? where does cavarly badge fake come from? And do you know where a fake is coming from?? This is information which is very interesting

?

Just as you quoted me I wrote that many good copies of WW 2(not including pre 1939 versions) badges were made outside Poland, I never said all. When you refer to cavalry badges, do you mean pre 1939 badges or WW2? The best fakes of pre war badges are made in Poland and Ukraine.

Excuse confusion. I did not say all from Poland and with cavalry badge I am indicating officers cavarly training badge(not warrant officer) we talk in this thread. You are saying " fakes, are still from other countries than Poland. A good example is the Cavalry Warrent officers badge " So this is a badge coming from which country? Maybe from Germany?
    I am interested to know were it comes from and if you know who is maker of these copies. Are these copies made now, or some time ago?
    thank you
    Stanislaw

Fellows

I hope You will enjoy the debate on the following subject

The Bari Eagle

Please see pictures attached
    • First is the one with red circles – i have posted it before on page 17 – belongs to my Friend
    • Second (the one with Blue Patina) – i saw it yesterday on the Ebay UK – but again unfortunately sold
    • Third – also from Ebay UK – also sold a few weeks ago

When I reviewed the pictures all pictures – i have noticed significant difference - area with “red circles”

Had there been various versions of Bari Eagle?
    This could be in interesting discovery.

What do You think?
    Perhaps more pictures are avaluable?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Hi wadowicznic,

Interesting variation there. It's the only one like it I have seen, so for me at least it is "an interesting discovery"!

Here's another scarcely seen variant that sold today on ebay for $499 USD. Does anyone know if there is any significance to the enameled shield?

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony
    I have been in touch with the vendor to ask Questions
    I will write more what he says – when i get some time – i am totally busy in the office now.
    Bestially he is saying that Eagle was used by people involved in recruitment of Polish Volunteers in Canada and USA

My personal judgement / theory
    In terms of colours – they are similar / the same to the Colours used by Haller’s Army – see the Regimental Badge of the Bojonczycy Regiment of Polish Army before the WW2 – this regiment was commemorating the Haller’s army
    So i thinks it may be a clue

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi wadowicznic,

Interesting variation there. It's the only one like it I have seen, so for me at least it is "an interesting discovery"!

Here's another scarcely seen variant that sold today on ebay for $499 USD. Does anyone know if there is any significance to the enameled shield?

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Tony
    I have been in touch with the vendor . . . Bestially he is saying that Eagle was used by people involved in recruitment of Polish Volunteers in Canada and USA
    Hi Wadowicznic,

Thanks for digging into this further. That is a very interesting possibility. In my opinion the choice of enamel colours looks rather garish, like something that might have come out of a hippie commune during the ’67 summer of love. Far out man.

The possible Haller connection makes sense as the recruitment drive did hearken back to the WW1 era as part of their petition to attract volunteers a quarter century later. Please keep us posted with any new info, although try not to aggravate the seller too much with your questions lest you provoke any more “bestial” replies. (Don’t you just love auto spell check?)

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello!

In my opinion this eagle is some kind of patriotic jewellery/brooch.

Best Regards

This is what I was getting at when mentioning the colours for Haller’s Army - just a theory

Top part of the badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

For the record on our Forum
    Recently sold on Ebay UK
    Price 317£ / 515US$ - this must be a mistake / joke as this Eagle looks like contemporary repo!

I have never seen fastening like this on the Guant Eagle

Ides?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 35 of 226 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast