Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 226 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    And one more
    Nice Guant – sold for 62£ (i think it is a record for a small Guant)

However – this particular one is nice as it is in perfect condition and with no faulty beak (it is perfect). Faulty beak is often seen on this variant of small Guant.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows

I have been intrigued by the Canadian Eagles recently sold on ebay and have decided to do some research.

I am very happy to report to all of You that that i have managed to dig out the great document.

Document is available for a download from Sikorski’s WWW and is in Polish. It makes a great reading and can help to understand the history of the Guaratt’s Eagle.

Chronicle of the T. Kościuszko Army Recruitment Camp in Canada, 1941-1942

signature C28

Link

Archive Chronicles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

these a couple of years ago reached $150 dollars...so 62GBP is not the record..
    Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    And one more
    Nice Guant – sold for 62£ (i think it is a record for a small Guant)

However – this particular one is nice as it is in perfect condition and with no faulty beak (it is perfect). Faulty beak is often seen on this variant of small Guant.

Wadowicznic's post on this very interesting eagle remained unaddressed. It's worth bringing this one up for discussion again. I’ve put it up against a Gaunt to more clearly show the feathering difference. Anyone? . . .

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . Polish Free Forces Eagle – recently sold on ebay UK
    Looks like “Guant” variant with added layer of feathers at the bottom of the wings.

Seller – confirmed / advertised it as “original” – but i have to say I am not 100% sure.
    What do You think?

We have not featured this variant on the Forum previously – perhaps somebody has got picture of a comparable Eagle. . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    Just to add to our library

The Mid East made – Polish Free Eagle (French pattern) – very nice one

Recently sold on Allegro
    I do not think the we have featured this variation on the Forum so far
    If one of You has similar eagle(s)– please post them, perhaps we managed to assemble the collection of Mid-East made similar patterns
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Tony
    I have been puzzled by this “wings - feature”
    The only comparison – I find, is with the Eagle that we discussed on the Forum briefly before (pictures attached).
    I have purchased it some time ago with no particular interest as a part of a group of a few things.
    I had thought that it is some sort of Guant variant, but if I remember our discussion on the Forum – we have actually not concluded fully as to who the manufacturer was.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Wadowicznic's post on this very interesting eagle remained unaddressed. It's worth bringing this one up for discussion again. I’ve put it up against a Gaunt to more clearly show the feathering difference. Anyone? . . .

?

Hej

Could you tell me please what is the type of the eagle, before or after the ww2 ?
    The Eagle comes with a collection of memorabilia from my grandfather - perhaps this is a veteran or copy made but I'm not sure.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

All the best
    Seb

Fellows,
    Finally is has come up on the Market

Made in Paris in 1939 – exceptional one – great condition

I do not remember we have ever seen it on the Forum

showing my ignorance again. was this pattern of eagle related to a specific theatre of operations ? what was the raison d'etre for this pattern ?

Hi Prosty,

This eagle badge was used by all exiled forces, both the 1st and 2nd Polish Corps. It is a continuation of the pre-WW2 small pattern typically used on the wedge (FS) caps. There were several variants. The most prolific producer was Gaunt & Son (likely maker of the one you pictured), and these found most use in the 1st Corps serving in the European theatre. The Polish 2nd Corps in the Mediterranean theatre commonly used ones that were sand cast in brass in the middle east.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 40 of 226 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast