Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

gtw
    ?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Sorry for photos.I have to learn how to insert them correctly.

Hi gtw, and welcome to the forum.

Check your forum email (top of the page – click “Notifications” and the “Inbox”) . I have sent you instruction how to post photos.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

gtw
    ?

I'm not sure about authenticity of this Gaunt's eagle.Any ideas?Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hi
    Thank you for showing the Eagle.
    Looking at the pictures, the Eagle seems to have all the relevant details (both avers and revers) that are seen on original Guant Eagles .
    How soft is the material?
    Can You easily de-form the Eagle?

Quote by gtw View Post
    I'm not sure about authenticity of this Gaunt's eagle.Any ideas?Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

gtw
    ?

That is the problem.Eagel is made from some kind of alloy.It's quite easy to bend.I know what opinion you've got about that kind of products,but is it definitively confirmed that there's no alloy eagles made by Gaunt at all?

Hi - I have never seen the “Alu” version among the few variations "known"
    Perhaps other colleagues have different experience?

Quote by gtw View Post
    That is the problem.Eagel is made from some kind of alloy.It's quite easy to bend.I know what opinion you've got about that kind of products,but is it definitively confirmed that there's no alloy eagles made by Gaunt at all?

More GARRATT EAGLES
    Looks like a box has been found!

Poland - Polish Army Garratt Eagle Badge 1940 -1943 on eBay (end time 07-Apr-11 00:33:10 BST)
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

gtw
    ?

Hi.It's not "alu" but some kind of mixed metal.I'm completly confused about this one.I think that it looks to good to be a copy,but who knows?I hope it's not.Finger crossed. =) Waiting for other opinions.Thanks.

?

Greetings,

I don't think that a box has been found. Apparently in the family since 1943 and the same seller sold one on ebay 400193132410 for $477.00. Same description. It was also discussed in previous posts which you will find if you search Garrett.

Mike

Quote by gtw View Post
    . . .Eagel is made from some kind of alloy.It's quite easy to bend. . . .
    A bad sign. There are very deceptive copies of the Gaunt pattern eagle on the market that have the appearance of being die stamped. They are made of a soft copper alloy and exist in both plated and unplated versions. Genuine Gaunt eagles are stamped from a hard metal, probably an alloy containing nickel, that is not easily bent with finger pressure.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 42 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast