Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 226 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Xan
    ?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

I recently found this in the apartment of my now long dead grandfather. I would greatly appreciate help identifying it.

I assume it is some kind of cap or beret eagle. The only thing I know is that my grandfather served in the II Corps in Italy.

Polish Hat Eagles

Hello Xan, and welcome to the forum.

You are correct. It is a bullion thread eagle intended for beret application. The black background suggests that your grandfather may have served in an armoured regiment.

Pictured below is a similar pattern (T. Zawistowski Polish Hat Eagles 1939-1945; pg. 64) identified to the Polish II Corps.

Do you know much about your grandfather's military service?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Xan
    ?

Thank you for the info.

Unfortunately I know pretty much nothing: he passed away when I was still too young to be interested enough to ask and my father never bothered either.

I've seen pictures of him in Italy with british-style uniforms, but the beret had a metal eagle in all the pictures I could find.

Most welcome. Yes, a myriad of metal eagles were also used on berets and GS caps, many examples of which can be seen throughout this thread. The fascinating photograph below (also from the Zawistowski reference) illustrates this.

A far as your grandfather, you may be able to obtain more information about him using the info provided here: Researching a Polish Exile Combatant.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

This is my collection of Polish Air Force cap badges.

Polish Hat Eagles

feniks302

WOW!! VERY impressive feniks302! There are some seldom seen and quite vaulable variants there. Wonderful collection!! Thank you for sharing

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Nice Group Feniks302 !!!

I see there's a "A Stanley. Plastic badge" in there ....
    A very sort after piece !

Regards

Gary J.

For the record, the scarce Italian made “Bari” variant of the hat eagle produced for the Polish 2nd Corps. Sold yesterday for 276GBP.

Regards,
    T.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Hello!

Eagle looks ok to me, the price i think is ok too

Best Regards

Hi Michal,

If I was to read between the lines of your reply can it be assumed that this eagle is presently en route to Białystok?

Cheers,
    T.

Page 45 of 226 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast