Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 226 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Hi Davey,

Yes, you have a “plastic economy” Polish hat eagle badge made by Alfred Stanley & Sons Ltd of Walsall, one of the more prolific makers of the plastic WW2 era badges. In fact, it was this maker that first proposed the use of plastic (more accurately cellulose acetate) for badges early in the war in order to save metal stocks desperately needed to fight the war.

These plastic badges were not very popular with the Poles, and often when the opportunity arose they were disposed of in favour of metal or even bullion thread equivalents. This combined with the instability of this early type of plastic and its brittle nature now means these plastic eagles are scarce.

Pictured below is Piotr Wybraniec of the Polish 1st Independent Parachute Brigade with one of these plastic eagles on his beret.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you so much for your help, Tony!

Fellows
    Made in Germany – Polish Aluminium Eagle
    Excellent pictures!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    A library of Eagles recently sold on ebay - for the records
    good variety of models end quality
    models relatively popular
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Seems like ebay is still quite a good place to find some good examples. Nice idea to post this library - thanks wadowicznic.

Oh by the way does anyone have a spare Saperów or Engineer beret badge that needs a new home?

All the best

James
    Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    A library of Eagles recently sold on ebay - for the records
    good variety of models end quality
    models relatively popular

Exceptional Guant
    Source Allegro
    I wish i had one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Just got the picture
    An interesting French made Eagle.
    From my experience – not seen often.
    If anyone has better pictures – listing would be appreciated.

It would be good to investigate this pattern further.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

hello chaps, I was given this at the weekend. I don't hold much out for it, but what do YOU think , ( draws finger along the bottom of the screen )

Hi
    Thank you for posting this Eagle.
    Many sources name this Eagle as “Polish Army in France” – presumably 1917 / 19.
    However, I have to say – I have never seen a picture featuring it on a hat and / or uniform.

Interestingly – this Eagle has been seen a few times on the market (desa / allegro etc) and appears to be much more frequent than Haller’s Polish Army Eagles (both small and big ones)

In addition, there is an interesting feature on this “Polish Army in France” Eagle – there seems to be a “mistake of the stamp” in the same place as for another French type Eagle (allegedly PSZ type) .

As far as I know, this “PSZ” type remains unidentified regarding production time / manufacturer etc.

Picture with the red circle points out the “mistake”.

This may be just a coincidence or sagest similar manufacturer – we will probably never know!

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    hello chaps, I was given this at the weekend. I don't hold much out for it, but what do YOU think , ( draws finger along the bottom of the screen )

Fellows
    Some of you may have seen this unusual Guant Eagle.

Very particular fastening.

I have to say – first time for me to see this variation.
    Any of You has seen it before?

It was sold recently in Poland.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 47 of 226 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast