Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 48 of 226 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows

We already have a few pictures of PAF Eagles on this forum – but I think this one is worth adding to the gallery.

Has anybody got pictures of the same pattern?
    Any info on manufacturer / year of production etc?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

thank you Tony. regards the old boy who provided the badge, the only allegro he knows of is the one made by Austin !

Since I'm among so many distinguished and knowledgeable collectors, I'd like to post several of the Polish Eagles I've been collecting over the years, some fixed to berets and caps, some others on their own. The "british" pattern ones seem quite doubtful to me, but they came as an extra. What's your opinion, though?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Hi
    Thank You for the post.
    Very nice Collection – congratulations – all are OK

The Palestinian one – is of excellent quality + it is of silver / metallic colour – and silver ones come up less often that brass ones.

The “British” – made by Spink of London is nice too. However, the variation with the “loops” is most likely a post war re-strike

Great collection!

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    Since I'm among so many distinguished and knowledgeable collectors, I'd like to post several of the Polish Eagles I've been collecting over the years, some fixed to berets and caps, some others on their own. The "british" pattern ones seem quite doubtful to me, but they came as an extra. What's your opinion, though?

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Hi
    Thank You for the post.
    Very nice Collection – congratulations – all are OK

The Palestinian one – is of excellent quality + it is of silver / metallic colour – and silver ones come up less often that brass ones.

The “British” – made by Spink of London is nice too. However, the variation with the “loops” is most likely a post war re-strike

Great collection!
    Hi there,

The one with lugs is not a post war re-strike. It's an early war production. Spink replaced lugs with posts and fixing blades to cut down production cost and time.

Regards,

Pit.

interesting comment, but how does that stack up with regard to the countless number of British cap badges produced with lugs. does a Spink directive exist confirming this change in manufacture ?

Fellows
    Some of you may have seen this unusual Guant Eagle.

Very particular fastening.

I have to say – first time for me to see this variation.
    Any of You has seen it before?

It was sold recently in Poland.
    Yes, first time I am seeing this one as well. Reference the discussion here: SAS cap badge

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    interesting comment, but how does that stack up with regard to the countless number of British cap badges produced with lugs. does a Spink directive exist confirming this change in manufacture ?
    Same with plastic Royal Air Force badges and Polish hat badges made by Walsall. They were economy production to cut down production cost. I have three Polish eagle Spink badges with lugs. They are genuine early war production but one is light gauge. Looks like they might have been experimenting with sheet gauge to cut down production cost before they replaced lugs with blades.

When it comes to Polish hat badges or Polish militaria, cold steel in particular, you need to do a lot of research on your own.

Regards,
    Pit

Fellows
    Does anyone know more details re those 3 "small" eagles?

Fellows
    A Friend from Poland has been kind enough to supply this picture to facilitate discussions about the “Small Eagles”
    I think that
    1. The one on the left had been made in Germany
    2. One in the in the middle – not 100% sure
    3. One on the right side – to my knowledge, various sources are diverging in opinions regarding the origin between Germany and Scotland

Any additional information / details – Anyone?

Attachment 203655Attachment 203656

Quote by Taurus View Post
    . . . I have three Polish eagle Spink badges with lugs. They are genuine early war production but one is light gauge. Looks like they might have been experimenting with sheet gauge to cut down production cost before they replaced lugs with blades. . .
    Hi Pit, All of is would be grateful if you would share photographs of these eagles, and also to let us know how you were able to discern their period of production as early war.

Quote by Taurus View Post
    . . . When it comes to Polish hat badges or Polish militaria, cold steel in particular, you need to do a lot of research on your own. . .
    Absolutely. But the problem is the scarcity of information. Even with the Spink & Son products, the production records from WW2 supposedly no longer exist. So your insight on this topic is most welcome.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 48 of 226 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast