MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 53 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Personally, I prefer this background for WW2 exile hat eagle badges

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

T
    i just got hold of a comp after a few days
    This hat is the ultimate find!
    Do You know its history?
    Can you post close-ups of the Eagle?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Personally, I prefer this background for WW2 exile hat eagle badges

Cheers,
    Tony

Thanks Artur. I’d been after one of these Lock & Co. caps for a good spell before finding this one. The wait was worth it as this one has survived in unusually good condition. Many of the ‘Lock’s’ I’ve seen (although due to their scarcity I haven’t seen all that many) suffer from a very characteristic deformation, usually in the hat band area around the middle which seems predisposed to start leaning or collapsing. This then introduces stresses elsewhere which throws everything out of whack. See below for a classic example.

As far as the history of this particular cap, it comes from an old collection in the US and was purchased from the son who inherited the collection upon his father’s passing. Unfortunately no information exists about the medical corps captain that originally owned this rogatywka.

To get back on topic, the eagle is a standard Gaunt product, pics of which have been posted many times throughout this thread. This one has the threaded post with the typical unmarked brass Gaunt nut.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Some recent examples for archive

PSZnZ eagle for beret, size 44x34 mm (price 250zł)

Polish Hat Eagles Polish Hat Eagles

PSZnZ eagle for beret size 60x45 mm (price 300 zł)

PSZnZ eagle for beret, size 50x38 mm. (price 250 zł)

PSZnZ Armoured unit eagle for beret (price 450 zł)

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fellows
    Just before Festivities, a small curiosity for all of You to think about / enjoy guessing.

Some of you may remember the Ebay listing of couple of months ago.

The Eagle “Stanislaw” – per Seller’s statements allegedly the Eagle did belong to Stanislaw Skalski.

Surly, it can not be true or is it?

I have found examples of Skalski’s Signature(s).
    I would say – S seems to match the pattern of the original – or perhaps, it is just perception?

What do You think?
    Shall we have Festive Season – vote?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Just before Festivities, a small curiosity for all of You to think about / enjoy guessing.

Some of you may remember the Ebay listing of couple of months ago.

The Eagle “Stanislaw” – per Seller’s statements allegedly the Eagle did belong to Stanislaw Skalski.

Surly, it can not be true or is it?

I have found examples of Skalski’s Signature(s).
    I would say – S seems to match the pattern of the original – or perhaps, it is just perception?

What do You think?
    Shall we have Festive Season – vote?
    FAKE - to good to be true... I got General Skalski real autograph and "S" it is nothing like this on eagle

?

Tony,
    Is the banding round the rogatywka a light dove grey ???
    Have you considered it might (and I mean might) be Polish Airborne ??
    (Is it of British manufacture ?).

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Thanks Artur. I’d been after one of these Lock & Co. caps for a good spell before finding this one. The wait was worth it as this one has survived in unusually good condition. Many of the ‘Lock’s’ I’ve seen (although due to their scarcity I haven’t seen all that many) suffer from a very characteristic deformation, usually in the hat band area around the middle which seems predisposed to start leaning or collapsing. This then introduces stresses elsewhere which throws everything out of whack. See below for a classic example.

As far as the history of this particular cap, it comes from an old collection in the US and was purchased from the son who inherited the collection upon his father’s passing. Unfortunately no information exists about the medical corps captain that originally owned this rogatywka.

To get back on topic, the eagle is a standard Gaunt product, pics of which have been posted many times throughout this thread. This one has the threaded post with the typical unmarked brass Gaunt nut.

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi Gary,

That particular hat belongs to a museum in Chicago, and the band appears to be a light blue, used in the transport corps. The rogatywka pictured in post #521 is mine. Both are products of the James Lock & Co. Hatters, London.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 02-14-2012 at 05:08 AM.

?

Tony,
    I'm colour blind ... didn't realise it was blue !! ooops !

Gary.

Fellows
    Just got those Pictures
    Excellent example of Gaunt’s Eagle
    It is interesting to see a few types / patterns of Gaunt’s corporate markings (as featured on previous pages)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 53 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast