Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

It came with a grouping sold a while back on ebay
    as you can see his dogtags as well as the light blue collar staff college patches
    matching the light blue of the rog
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

thanks for that. they never made it easy for the following scholars in the ensuing years. I know it is nitpicking but it would be interesting to see actual colour examples of jasno-niebieski and szafirowy and to note the difference.

?

Here is an eagle that I have seen a few times but have yet to get an explanation as to its color scheme.

I have one in my collection now.....but it is a puzzle.

Polish Hat Eagles

Please does anyone have an answer or an idea?

thanks,
    Piwo

Fellows

This eagle has just been sold in Poland.
    Pictures provided by a friend,

Seller claims the eagle has originated in UK as a result of a swap.
    It looks to me similar to Grabski – but still some details are different + this second core nut.
    I have never seen similar one in nature and have not had an opportunity to examine one.

Combatants' version / fake ?

Has any of You seen this variant?
    Any thoughts as to the authenticity etc?
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    This eagle has just been sold . . . It looks to me similar to Grabski – but still some details are different . . . Combatants' version / fake ?
    Artur, it looks like a Bialkiewicz product that has picked up a lick of patina or has been deliberately aged. Here's a side by side showing my pre-war Grabski and a Bialkiewicz. (I may have posted these pics before) The Bialkiewicz is also die stamped, but in a soft alloy that easily bends under finger pressure.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi PZ - Here's the pertinent excerpt from the Ministry of Military Affairs regulations published in 1941. Hope you can read Polish.

Regards,
    Tony
    hiya, what colour is pasowa/pasowy ? as in zandarmeria. tried all ways to get a translation, even interrogated our Polish postman. puzzled look on his face followed by pointing at his waist.

Hi PZ,

Pasowy has to do with the “pas” (belt or strap), hence your mailman’s gesturing to his waist.

Pąsowy, on the other hand, with the vowel “ ą ” is the colour crimson.

Pictured below is an MP's armband displaying the pąsowy and żółty unit colours.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

threw me a curver with that one. I looked up all varieties of " RED " in the dictionary / online translation including all the pronounciation diacritical marks. when crimson comes out as karmazyn that's when I gave up ! and what brought all this on was your mention of a blue rogatwyka hat band being associated with armoured troops. helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

Even I had to look that one up in my trusty Oxford translator – initially going to ‘pasowy’ before noticing the correct spelling. It appears that there’s more than one word for crimson in Polish.

A far as the hat band colour being armoured, I may have slipped up and will need to check back.

Regards,
    Tony

Wasn't the armoured colour orange?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 58 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 158 ... LastLast