Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Quote by Taurus View Post
    Prosty Zolnierz, the spinner comes from Puzant Minassian, Cairo, Egypt. Your eagle was made in Egypt. If your eagle shines like pinchbeck (tombak) it may be Egyptian gold. Check it out.
    How many of them do you have ?! Maybe you are a millionaire but you don't know it yet. Just kidding

Egyptian gold was 14/18 carat gold and the color is red or purple rather than orange. The color of 24 carat gold is orange, the mix of red and yellow.

Cheers,
    Pit.
    Remembering that old saying ...all that glitters is not gold I think we are looking at common-or-garden brass rather than gold given the apparent corrosion on this eagle
    Last edited by StefanM; 05-10-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Remembering that old saying ...all that glitters is not gold I think we are looking at common-or-garden brass rather than gold given the apparent corrosion on this eagle
    Haha, Skorpion, the color of Egyptian gold is more or less like the color of the spinner in the last picture. Maybe the spinner is gold ? If so it is worth like $2. Just enogh for a cup of morning coffee to start your day on a good note
    Last edited by Taurus; 05-10-2012 at 12:29 PM.

?

Quote by Marcin View Post
    I got it from my friend. He had for sale with description "10th Hussars Regiment". I asked him how he can be sure that this one is 10th hussars. He said that he has picture with it! I couldn´t belive it how lucky I was. He brought picture with it so I got that nice set. He got it from veteran. He didn´t get his name but vetaran siad that his origins were from Ukraine but he was in 2nd Corps. He said that he never saw real combat because Poles didn´t trust them. This is only onfo which I have.
    It was not prejudice and discrimination. They were aware of Soviet intelligence, and they were genuinely afraid of it.

Fellows
    I am very intrigued by the Egiption Eagle by Puzant Minassian, Cairo.
    Is more information available?
    Unit / period etc

Quote by Taurus View Post
    A spinner that came with another sand cast brass eagle made in Egypt. Many Polish side cap cast badges made in Egypt have such spinners. P.M. is short for Puzant Minassian.

?

Quote by Marcin View Post
    I got it from my friend. He had for sale with description "10th Hussars Regiment". I asked him how he can be sure that this one is 10th hussars. He said that he has picture with it! I couldn´t belive it how lucky I was. He brought picture with it so I got that nice set. He got it from veteran. He didn´t get his name but vetaran siad that his origins were from Ukraine but he was in 2nd Corps. He said that he never saw real combat because Poles didn´t trust them. This is only onfo which I have.
    Marcin, the badge has a hexagonal Palestine made nut and a brass post. This is a late variant of an eagle made in Palestine. The early ones usually have copper posts.
    My guess is that the owner of the cap badge joined the Hussars at some point and kept his badge.

Hussars made cap badges in Egypt and Italy. The early sand cast brass Egyptian badges have copper posts. The Italian (stamped brass) badges have lugs. Hussars used both sand cast brass and stamped brass eagles. Some of them were gold plated, and some of them were made of gold.

By the way, Hussars were not engaged in much combat.

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    I am very intrigued by the Egiption Eagle by Puzant Minassian, Cairo.
    Is more information available?
    Unit / period etc
    Not really. It is still classified...

Wadowicznic, a good investment idea may be contemporary Polish cap badges and insignia. When WW3 is over people will collect them too
    Last edited by Taurus; 05-11-2012 at 11:21 AM.

looks like I shan't be buying my yacht just yet ! after filing down the cap badge completely, it seems all I am left with is brass filings.

?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    looks like I shan't be buying my yacht just yet ! after filing down the cap badge completely, it seems all I am left with is brass filings.
    This is the real world. S*** happens but don't give up. Wadowicznic wouldn't. Keep searching. Another badge may be 24 carat gold

A couple of seldom seen and interesting variants to throw into the mix . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    A couple of seldom seen and interesting variants to throw into the mix . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Indeed, seldom seen. The first one looks to be copper. Copper eagles are rare. Nice badges

Page 65 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 ... LastLast