Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 75 of 226 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 175 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    Exceptionally good pictures of the early Gaunt Eagle
    Recently sold – for the records
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    To add to our collection of pictures of Polish Free Eagles – please see attached.
    Some interesting variants of Navy – by famous G… od London

I especially like the one without blue paint – I am wondering why (perhaps just age impact) the paint is not there?
    Perhaps – some sort of production mistake or just the Eagle for the function of a “patriotic pin / badge”
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    Interesting variant - discussed before
    good pics

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Here is one of my Polish Navy eagles I picked up recently. It does not have Gaunt markings on the back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Here’s a Wilhelm Deumer made eagle from the early postwar era. One of these has been posted earlier, but here are some better close up pictures of an unworn example, along with a bit of history.

The Deumer firm, of Ludenscheid, was a producer of various Third Reich decorations and badges. Having lost its biggest client the Deumer operation wasted no time in seeking new business and re-tooled to make these eagles (and also uniform buttons) for the Polish troops stationed in the Western Allied Occupation Zones in Germany.

Production started in 1945 with the earlier products being silver plated brass, such as the one posted below. Later eagles were made of zinc with the final run having the obverse painted with silver lacquer. Fastening is via the style common to many German wartime badges, twin prongs with angle cut pointed ends. The eagle measures 47 x 31 mm.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Nick
    Congratulations on the purchase – good looking specimen.

G –eagles have come (to my knowledge) in a few patterns / variations – with differences in terms of various details.

What really puzzles me re – Free Polish Navy Eagle is the question – if there had been the Navy Eagle made in France?.

A few years ago – purchased the set of the “Polish Navy Association – Newsletters” – this is relatively rare publications – that discontinued in the 80ts and it had always been published in very low volumes.

In one of the newsletter - there is an article by one of the Veterans who participated in the “Navy NCO – School / Course in France” (if i remember correctly). He describes the course and the graduation ceremony + there is a picture for Graduates (if I remember, featuring 18 fellows) – they all have the new uniforms / hats and Eagles – unfortunately picture is poor so impossible to see if there was “Polish Free Navy Eagle” made in France.
    If that was the case – I would say – it probably is one of the rarest Polish WW2 Eagles

If I have some time – I will scan this article and post on the forum.

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    Here is one of my Polish Navy eagles I picked up recently. It does not have Gaunt markings on the back.

Tony
    What can I say? – I wish – I had one in this mint condition!
    Excellent specimen - 100%
    Rare Eagle – no doubts
    One I have had a broken fixing and repaired DIY – unfortunately

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here’s a Wilhelm Deumer made eagle from the early postwar era. One of these has been posted earlier, but here are some better close up pictures of an unworn example, along with a bit of history.

The Deumer firm, of Ludenscheid, was a producer of various Third Reich decorations and badges. Having lost its biggest client the Deumer operation wasted no time in seeking new business and re-tooled to make these eagles (and also uniform buttons) for the Polish troops stationed in the Western Allied Occupation Zones in Germany.

Production started in 1945 with the earlier products being silver plated brass, such as the one posted below. Later eagles were made of zinc with the final run having the obverse painted with silver lacquer. Fastening is via the style common to many German wartime badges, twin prongs with angle cut pointed ends. The eagle measures 47 x 31 mm.

Regards,
    Tony

Fellows
    I thought it would be good to add an interesting post before CHM.
    This Eagle is the mystery to me!
    The various sources are providing clues as to its origin – rarity.
    Made in France in 1940, but does not seem to be used “widely” and the helmets with this Patterns are probably the most difficult ones to get of all the PSZ Helmets.
    The interesting thing to me is that - the inspection of many pictures of the period 2DSP, and 1 Grenadier’s divisions and / or Podhalanska Brigade – does not prove that those units had used helmets with this particular Eagle.
    Has any of You come across the Eagle / Helmet?

The pictures are from the Friend form New Zeeland

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Best wishes to all of you and your loved ones for the very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New 2013Year. May 2013 brings you many fantastic new finds to your Polish collections!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi wadowicznic

Sorry for the late reply I only noticed this now. I am not aware of any Polish Navy eagles or uniforms made in France. In the interwar period I know the French trained Polish Navy submariners. I read some great memoirs on the early period in England Sept-Nov 1939 and the problems with uniforms, many sailors used Royal Navy uniforms until Admiral Swirski turned up and ordered all officers and sailors to uphold the traditions and get Polish uniforms, the only problem with that was no one had the money to get Polish uniforms made up... Komandor Plawski's memoirs have a lot on France as he was an attache in 1938-39 I will have a read and see what I can dig up.

I have come across some odd looking Polish Navy eagles but usually they are the early ones 1918-21

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Nick
    Congratulations on the purchase – good looking specimen.

G –eagles have come (to my knowledge) in a few patterns / variations – with differences in terms of various details.

What really puzzles me re – Free Polish Navy Eagle is the question – if there had been the Navy Eagle made in France?.

A few years ago – purchased the set of the “Polish Navy Association – Newsletters” – this is relatively rare publications – that discontinued in the 80ts and it had always been published in very low volumes.

In one of the newsletter - there is an article by one of the Veterans who participated in the “Navy NCO – School / Course in France” (if i remember correctly). He describes the course and the graduation ceremony + there is a picture for Graduates (if I remember, featuring 18 fellows) – they all have the new uniforms / hats and Eagles – unfortunately picture is poor so impossible to see if there was “Polish Free Navy Eagle” made in France.
    If that was the case – I would say – it probably is one of the rarest Polish WW2 Eagles

If I have some time – I will scan this article and post on the forum.

Page 75 of 226 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 175 ... LastLast