Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 76 of 226 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 176 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    More – better quality pictures of the Eagle for Adrian 26 Helmet.
    I am still not clear re manufacturer / time of issue (presumably early June 1940) / units that received it etc

Any thoughts?

I will try to do some further research on this particular pattern during my first trip to Sikorski’s Institute in 2013 – and surly report back if findings relevant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Just to extend the subject - Eagles of PSZ / Free Forces
    I was lucky to have an opportunity to take some extra and unusual pictures during my visit at Sikorski's Institute recently.

The Eagles form the regimental colours / banners.
    NR 1 - Krechowieckis' lancers - PSZ
    NR 5 - is Pre-war

I have never had an opportunity to study the "banners Eagles" before - they are just incredible.

Hope You like the post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Finally - I had a chance (some free time) - to review additional pictures taken during the trip to Sikorski's Institute.

Attached is the photo material I have collected relating to the the Polish Commando - the Scully Eagle well displayed + Patches and Beret

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    10 Hussars' on the display in Sikorski's
    Sorry for the lower quality pictures on this one

Fellows
    And one more - The Eagle of gen Stanislaw Maczek

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows

Having seen my previous post, the Friend has just send me the picture of this Recruitment Poster from 1917 - it relates to the Recruitment of Polish Volunteers for the Polish Army in France in 1917 across USA and Canada.

This particular Poster was used in the Recruitment Office in small town Erie in Pennsylvania (Recruitment Office 1).
    The same Office in Erie was the Local HQ of the Polish Paramilitary Organisation - Polish Falcons of America (Sokol) - number of Volunteers had been members of Falcons.

The small Eagle / Falcon described on the Forum before - comes from Erie too (signatures).

It is very likely that this Eagle / Falcon was given to the Volunteers - in addition to the Small Eagle - "Armia Polska" - the well known symbol of Polish Volunteers from USA and Canada

If that theory is true - then - this small Eagle / Falcon is very significant find as it "bridges the gap" between the Polish Independence Movement (Falcons) and Polish Army of 1917 and therefore is as important as the Eagle of "Strzelec" organisation that "bridged the gap" between the Strzelec and the Pilsudski Legions in 1914 in Poland.

I hope this post / theory is the next small step in the effort to identify - Polish Eagles and link them to the specific places and events!

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Sorry for posting this Eagle in this section of the Forum - PSZ.
    But I think, the Polish "Émigré Organisations" could be classified as close to PSZ - as the nr of Poles from USA and Canada, Argentina, Brazil, France, Belgium etc volunteered for Polish Army in 1917-1920 and during WW2.

I think this Eagle is of Polish Falcons of America (organisation with the tremendous legacy - social and political) - but looks like the very specific one - pointing out to the specific Wing of Erie PA - and I think it makes it relevant!.

Perhaps we could post / discuss the examples of Polish - USA Falcons Eagles - I do not think this subject is well researched!

Get involved fellows - let's keep this Forum going with quality posts!

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    And one more - The Eagle of gen Stanislaw Maczek

Polish Hat Eagles
    A Czeslaw Budziarek product (post #706). It's wonderful to see this detail of General Maczek's beret! Thanks Artur

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    Continuing on the Eagles that can be seen at the Sikorski Institute in London.
    The Collar Eagle of gen Sikorski - from his uniform recovered from the see - after the Gibraltar crash.

Very sentimental find
    Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    I have always been interested in unusual versions of Casted Eagles
    This example has just been send to me by the Friend - we will most likely never know who / when made it.
    This one is unusual as the details are very visible / quality is high

Fellows
    To follow on the subject of "PSZ Casted Eagles"
    I have received the pictures courtesy of the Friend in Poland - who happened to have the "Casted Lorioli eagle" - that I think is features in Zawistowki's Book.

I have never seen one like this and i suspect it had not been mass produced - and that makes it interesting
    As in many cases - we will probably never find out who / when manufactured this pattern.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 76 of 226 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 176 ... LastLast