Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 226 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Tony
    Many thanks for posting this Eagle.
    It is a very interesting variant and, I have to say, I have not seen – handled it (unfortunately!!!) – Definitely an unique variant.
    What I also think is interesting that this particular variant has shares some similarities (namely Amazons’ Shield pattern) with the AF Eagle as attached below.
    Perhaps just a co-incidence – as I would expect the manufacturer would “repeat” more details between 2 variants.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I don't believe that this one type has been posted yet. According to Zawistowski it is British made dating "with most certainty to before May 1942" and "maker unknown but most likely a London based firm". 47x34mm. Seldom seen. Nice crisp details.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Wow! amazing collection

Fellows
    Adding to the Pictures featuring the Collection of Polish Free Eagles at Sikorski’s Institute in London.
    Eagle in the Showcase of 14U Jazloweicki Regiment.

Please see the specific way the wings link with the legs – unlike in “typical Gaunt's" Eagles where the gap is visible.
    We discussed this particular variant before and forum – I personally think it is a rare one.

That is what I have meant in terms of the slight differences between 2 variants.
    Picture provided by Tony in the past.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Adding to the Pictures featuring the Collection of Polish Free Eagles at Sikorski’s Institute in London.
    Eagle in the Showcase of 14U Jazloweicki Regiment.

Please see the specific way the wings link with the legs – unlike in “typical Gaunt's" Eagles where the gap is visible.
    We discussed this particular variant before and forum – I personally think it is a rare one.

Fellows
    Continuing with the subject aimed at dating / uncovering provenience of the various Polish Free Eagles - please see attached.
    You may remember we discussed this variant of the "Para Eagle" before - I think the picture below confirms the theory that this Eagle was used as SBS logo / symbol etc.

This very relavant document is being showcased at the Sikorski's institute in the SBS Section.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Continuing with the subject aimed at dating / uncovering provenience of the various Polish Free Eagles - please see attached.
    You may remember we discussed this variant of the "Para Eagle" before - I think the picture below confirms the theory that this Eagle was used as SBS logo / symbol etc.

This very relavant document is being showcased at the Sikorski's institute in the SBS Section.
    I wonder why this eagle design was used and not the para wing design?

I am still inclined to think this design is a stylised rendering of the eagle that appears on the brigades colour flag.

Polish Hat Eagles
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fellows
    Just got this picture from a Friend - a very interesting variant of the Spink Eagle (the "Symmetrical" - early one) - what makes it even more interesting / unusual fixing arrangement (2 prongs).
    this type of Symmetrical Spink is less common and with this Fixing - i would call it very rare.

Some additional pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

More from the Sikorski's Collection
    Some made in CCCP - before evacuation to Middle East
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Interestign one - looks like Zawistowski 87
    I have just got the pictures

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Page 78 of 226 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast