Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 82 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 182 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Thanks 4thSk.

It sure is a massive subject and only an in depth knowledge of the period can differentiate one badge from another. No such thing as a neatly titled insignia like the French then!

Thanks also for the link. Very interesting read. The AK book is on my list to get and grateful thanks to Tony (a very patient man) for pointing me in the right direction there.

Give me 10 years (at least) and I might be able to join in with you guys!!!!!!
    Last edited by easty; 06-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Fellows
    Excellent pictures of this "Newly Identified Variant"

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    I think - an interesting find!
    I have rarely seen 2 specimens of "casted Eagles" that appear to come from the same workshop as they share the same or very similar features / shapes etc.

To my mind, such similarities - allow to categorise / name such a specific pattern
    Unfortunately - a number to unanswered questions still remain (manufacturer / period / place etc)

The made of metal, characteristic, Poland shoulder badge - may provide an interesting reference point as to the origin of that pattern.
    However, I do not know for 100% where such badge was used - I am suspecting (very generically) - Middle East - but nothing more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Very interesting variant of G (40mm) - Small "Legionowy" Eagle.
    This is first time I see this particular variant with 2 distinctive elements combined together - a) fastening b) material - sort of alpaga / white metal with not oxidisation.
    I would say that (from my experience) that variant / combination is much less seen that the oxidised one with the traditional fastening.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Gents
    I have just noticed this Eagle (unusual Variant) – it was listed recently on ebay with the French Adrian Helmet
    I wish I had better pictures, but perhaps one of You knows this Variant?
    Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    Very interesting specimen of the 40mm Polish Eagle (casted version).

Middle East casted version with the Small Shield of Pilsudski's Legions removed from the Amazon Shield.

Such - Small Shield dates back to period 1914-18 and then the same motive was present used on 40mm Guant Eagles made in UK
    One day, I would like to verify my hypothesis re - why the Small Shield disappeared from the Eagles made in Middle East.

I think this fact was the result of the political differences between supporters of Sikorski's and Pilsudski's movements.

I have seen 2 casted variants of the Eagle without the Small Shield.

From my experience, I would say that - Eagle without the Small Shield are seldom seen.

Example of UK cast
    Looks to me almost 100% to be based on 40mm Gaunt Eagle (see mistake / characteristic shape of the "broken beak") + Small Shield

Fellows
    Courtesy of a Friend – I have just received the pictures – the very interesting variation of a Casted Polish Eagle (Palestinian Pattern – 1941+ has been used) – most likely made in Middle East.

Perhaps any of You have a similar / identical specimen – so we can “catalogue / recognise” this particular variant?
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Nice eagle. I have a similar one, but not identical, shown in post 2 of this thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ok .. I've done some searching through my bits and bobs ...

Naval eagle with pin back ...
    (I did have the same size eagle with a post and nut, ... but I can't find it at present !!!!!!)

Gary J.

Adrian
    Thanks for the post.
    If you have some time –please post the pictures of your eagle – it would be good to a) confirm existence of this particular variant or b) see differences

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice eagle. I have a similar one, but not identical, shown in post 2 of this thread.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 82 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 182 ... LastLast